• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA FLT LA - Chicago shot at?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Pilot Reports 'Missile' Fired at Jetliner Near LAX [FONT=Arial, Helvetica](11/28/05)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents and Homeland Security officials spent the weekend investigating the report of a possible missile fired at an American Airlines plane taking off from Los Angeles International Airport. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Sources tell ABC News the pilot of American Airlines Flight 621, en route to Chicago, radioed air traffic controllers after takeoff from LAX. He told them a missile had been fired at the aircraft and missed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The plane was over water when the pilot said he saw a smoke trail pass by the cockpit. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]FBI agents believe it was a flare or a bottle rocket, but say they may never know if that's what it actually was.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]http://www.kyw1060.com/news_archives_detail.cfm?newsitemid=50753
[/FONT]

Stop, and stop now! Metro, thanks for your post! and letting others know out there! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, THEN , PM them! You are rude! Dont be rude to others! period! Dont entangle screennames into a bait! Be nice!

redd said:
Some say that's how TWA 800 exploded......

Most of the first reports confirmed this theory. I have a family friend who is very high up at a major network and he said this sort of thing happens more often than we'd all like to think - the first 10 eye witnesses say the same thing, then they're not willing to talk or rescind their statement later... we first had this discussion with regards to Flight 800 in fact. Maybe the Flight Info moderators got to them! ;)

Hamburgler said:
Most of the first reports confirmed this theory. I have a family friend who is very high up at a major network and he said this sort of thing happens more often than we'd all like to think - the first 10 eye witnesses say the same thing, then they're not willing to talk or rescind their statement later... we first had this discussion with regards to Flight 800 in fact. Maybe the Flight Info moderators got to them! ;)

Black Helicopters!!!!

Excuse me, I was always curious as to what appeared to be an extraordinary coincidence: the TWA 800, the Swissair, and the Egyptair all going down in a fairly close approximation. I am also aware of the close proximity to the wealthiest residential area. Can you folks please provide more aviation facts to keep me on the right track about these 3 accidents?

Latest resources

Back