• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA First Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First year pay is about $35K, about the same as UAL.

They won't have a new pay scale, unless they negotiate something different between now and then.

cliff
AMS

For what its worth I was scheduled to go to class prior to 9-11...I believe they were at least paying for the room. Even Eagle covered that.
It is embarrassing that one has to seriously consider moving out of their own country because the pay sucks so bad to start with a major airline here.
application fees, type ratings, paying for lodging, no insurance for 6 months, no travel benefits for 6 months, paying us like we are all 250 hour interns.
All seemed worth it when you were 27 looking at a career that could make you retire a millionaire.......LOL

For what its worth I was scheduled to go to class prior to 9-11...I believe they were at least paying for the room. Even Eagle covered that.
It is embarrassing that one has to seriously consider moving out of their own country because the pay sucks so bad to start with a major airline here.
application fees, type ratings, paying for lodging, no insurance for 6 months, no travel benefits for 6 months, paying us like we are all 250 hour interns.
All seemed worth it when you were 27 looking at a career that could make you retire a millionaire.......LOL

Yep. Working on my 3rd foreign gig. Find out soon.

When ATA shut down in '08, I interviewed with 2 regionals. I was making more on unemployment than what they offered.

If and when AA decides to hire... will they have a new pay scale, especially first year???

Well, put it this way. When Continental was hiring, they received thousands of applications with people fully willing to sign on for $29.97/hr and no medical benefits for 6 months. I'd say that even if AA dropped first year pay to $20/hr and no medical benefits for 12 months, they'd still get thousands and thousands of applications.

jesus chr1st. 35K for Year 1 ? If I remember my 1992 Kit Darby Guide to Airline Dream book states first year pay is 35K

jesus chr1st. 35K for Year 1 ? If I remember my 1992 Kit Darby Guide to Airline Dream book states first year pay is 35K

Ah Kit Darby....snake oil salesman supreme.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back