Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Just saw on the news last night that undisclosed managment and pilot members said AA has only three months of burn money left and AA might go the way of UAL. Of course, this was followed by the disclaimer that these comments do not reflect official information from AA. Any comments to the validity of this info. I thought AA was financially healithier than impending Ch 11?

Who can attest to the validity of anything going on in this sector except those few at the very top in the board room? As we are seeing on a daily basis, the winds of change are blowin' strong and turbulent.

On speculation, though, I would not doubt this to be the case for a couple of reasons: First, the TWA absorption does not appear to be as smooth as one would like (impending lawsuits, etc). Secondly, it appears that management(s) are more interested in winning consecions from the emplyees (right or wrong) rather than changing some of the fundamental flaws in their business plans. The only way they probably feel they can get these is by getting the bankruptcy courts to weigh in with a hammer that isn't always stoppable (just ask the UAL mechanics).

We'll see what happens post Iraq....

A UPS Mad Dog FO told me they already have a bamkruptcy lawyer hired. Looks very shaky!

Re: march 15th

eglpilot said:
march 15th is the time, you watch!!!!!

Hope not. I'm flying AA from MCO-SJU on that day.

Re: Re: march 15th

SammyG said:
Hope not. I'm flying AA from MCO-SJU on that day.

I doubt they'd close the doors that day, just file.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back