• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 Delayed Another 10 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing from FedEx about cx'ing the 380, freighters were not supposed to be delayed as the delay (I think I read in the WSJ) was about wiring the entertainment TV's in the cabin. Boxes don't watch much TV.

Nothing from FedEx about cx'ing the 380, freighters were not supposed to be delayed as the delay (I think I read in the WSJ) was about wiring the entertainment TV's in the cabin. Boxes don't watch much TV.

Heh very true.

What would the other option be for FedEx? The new 747 freighters?

The 747 freighter may be the better chioce since it has front end loading and can be used in the current infrastructure. The reason the A380 may sink is becuase it has a better competeing product that is already avialable, the 747 did not.

Fwiw

UPDATED: 6:05 PM
Airbus says it won't be able to deliver A380 freighters until 2010
By Bill Wolfe
[email protected]
The Courier-Journal

The freight version of Airbus’ A380 superjumbo jet has been delayed along with passenger versions and won’t start deliveries until 2010, the airplane maker said yesterday.

Louisville-based UPS Airlines has been expecting to get the first of its triple-decker cargo planes by the end of 2009 and hasn’t gotten any formal notification from Airbus of any delays.

But Airbus North America spokeswoman Mary Anne Greczyn said yesterday in response to a reporter’s question that none of the freighters will be ready by 2009 and deliveries won’t start until the following year.

UPS hasn’t been notified of any problems with its order, but the package delivery company has been pressing for more information on the planes since July, and had talked with Airbus as recently as last week, UPS spokesman Mark Giuffre said yesterday.

I know it is a new airplane and you will have setbacks and delays, but it is just a bigger airbus than those already flying. Not all new technology etc. so why have they had so many problems? Poor management like the airlines? Any body else?

Instead of cancelling the A380 order, it might be a chance to get a bunch on the cheap as others bail out. Airbus will be looking for customers to buy the ones others choose not to take. Just MHO.

Fish

I'll bash Airbus, and not be ashamed to do so. I've flown with Airbus fleet managers, and guys who worked intimately with the boys in Toulouse, and to a man they say the 'bus arrogance is overwhelming. It's never their fault, ever. Always pilot error. Manufacturing issues; it's their suppliers. Etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Gorila ... after they laid the aa new york crash on the pilots I will bash them all i want... they refuse to be held responsible for anything.

Latest resources

Back