• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A340 question for those who fly them

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ailerons were at full deflection from taxi through takeoff until the point of rotation.
How do you know they were at full deflection, did you run into the cockpit and brought up the flight control page on the lower ECAM (full deflection is +/- 25 degrees)

Take off and rotation is flown just like a normal steam driven aircraft, but immediatley after you get airborne the flight mode is progressively blended in, and then you have one of the nicest A/C's ever built (at least the -330), it makes the 757/767 look like a pile $hit.

It was just obvious. There is a point where after that you get diminishing returns for the control surface to keep moving and I believe but don't have any factual data to support that the deflection was full. I didn't say it wasn't a nice aircraft. If anyone ever responds that has actually flown the airplane then I think we will have our answer.

RT

Just one quick question.............were they in full deflection before rotation?........................sorry couldnt resist!

Latest resources

Back