• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A319 landing question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is imposable to stall a 320 family Airbus operating in NORMAL LAW.

You can however stall a 320 in any law other than NORMAL, if you approach a stall the AWU will yell STALL, STALL, STALL.

You do know 320/330/340/380 Airbus have only side sticks, and they are not interconnected.

What if you trimmed full nose up, then shut both engines and all electrical power/APU/batteries off? Would it stall?

What if you trimmed full nose up, then shut both engines and all electrical power/APU/batteries off? Would it stall?

Why on earth would anyone even wonder about doing that?

I flew into Denver last week and it only showed 125mph on final approach on the direct tv gps map. Do they fly final at stick shaker to save $ on brakes?

It's not that difficult to figure out. Depending on weight the vapp speed is in the 130's indicated. You were reading groundspeed, so you were landing in about a 10 kt headwind. Not that unusual.

The question is whether it can stall in normal law. Shutting down the engines would cause it to no longer be in normal law and you could obviously stall. A Northwest pilot once shut off all flight control computers in flight...and it could have stalled then also.

It's not that difficult to figure out. Depending on weight the vapp speed is in the 130's indicated. You were reading groundspeed, so you were landing in about a 10 kt headwind. Not that unusual.

But if the Vref is 130 knots, 125 mph works out to be about 105 knots if my math is correct. So given a 10 knot headwind, the ground speed would be 138 mph (130 kt-10 kt head wind =120kt *1.15=138mph) Ok, I know the speed on direct tv doesn't update instantaniously and may not be that accurate to begin with, but I was just curious what some of the Airbus pilot's would say about it. Thanks guys.

But if the Vref is 130 knots, 125 mph works out to be about 105 knots if my math is correct. So given a 10 knot headwind, the ground speed would be 138 mph (130 kt-10 kt head wind =120kt *1.15=138mph) Ok, I know the speed on direct tv doesn't update instantaniously and may not be that accurate to begin with, but I was just curious what some of the Airbus pilot's would say about it. Thanks guys.

Are you sure the reason you can't fly is medical, or is it just plain stupidity?!?! Ever hear of winds upwards of 20-30 kts?

....Realy. AB AC have "stick shakers"....Better study-up for your next oral DA!!!..The only STICK SHAKER in the Airbus is during LAV BREAKS!!!

You ever hear of this little thing called...SARCASM? F-ing dolt.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back