Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotsh

Registered lUser
I have a sim portion of an interview coming up, and it will be in an A300-600R (2man cockpit), and I would like to get some reference numbers on flying it.

How much power is required (typical weight):

level at 250kts?

level at 300 kts?

on approach, landing config?

For a given speed (etc, 250, 300) at level flight, how much more power is required to climb 1000 ft/min? descend 1000 ft/min?

The A300 has a speed trend arrow. I was taught not to use known pitch and power settings. If you lose airspeed info there are pitch/power settings on the yoke. With that being said, I have noticed 1.07 EPR to be a common number on a fully configured approach.

The only other advice I can offer is that you'll need about a half knob width more of power during steep turns. But your primary gaugue should be the airspeed trend arrow. To climb 1000 fpm pitch to 5 degrees and 0 degrees to descend.

You referred to "2man cockpit. I am not aware of any 300s flying with a FE. They made some early on, but the A-300-600 is a modern plane that only ended production 2 years ago. Off the top of my head I know that UPS, FDX and AA fly them. The person administering your sim interview will have to know that it's a glass jet that you don't really fly the same way as a 727. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back