Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rice

Clown Puncher
35 page pdf file just sent via NBAA. I knew I should've stayed away from 135 work. Typical Fed document, tells you why they're regulating more, what you must/must not do to be in compliance but not necessarily HOW to do it.
From just one cursory read, the thing still has more holes in it than a good slice of swiss cheese.

do you know if it is the same as the one posted at opspecs.com wich has been out for reveiw for quite some time?

Thank you for bring this up, Rice. However, I would disagree with you that it is vauge. I'd say it very distinctly spells out what they (FAA) are no longer willing to tolerate from 135 certificate holders regarding maintinence of operational control.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read the doc:
http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/part135/n8000_347.pdf

Cheers,
Spaz

Agreed it's more comprehensive than before but that is because we (135 world) had no definitive guidance previously. All that was meant by my previous statement was that the document still has many open ends which will be left up to interpretation at the operator and POI levels which will continue to foster inconsistencies throughout the industry.

Agreed it's more comprehensive than before but that is because we (135 world) had no definitive guidance previously. All that was meant by my previous statement was that the document still has many open ends which will be left up to interpretation at the operator and POI levels which will continue to foster inconsistencies throughout the industry.

Maybe, but it seemed to me to spell out exactly what is expected of the operator AS WELL AS the POI. I'd be willing to bet that we get a call from our POI early this year.

CHeers!
Spaz

What the h.ll.

This has been coming for quite some time. The 135 operators that comply are going to be the only one's that survive.

This will hopefully continue to rid the toilet bowl we all live in of all the excess S..t that's out there.

Quit your unappreciated job and go some where else.

HAP

Last edited:
35 page pdf file just sent via NBAA. I knew I should've stayed away from 135 work. Typical Fed document, tells you why they're regulating more, what you must/must not do to be in compliance but not necessarily HOW to do it.
From just one cursory read, the thing still has more holes in it than a good slice of swiss cheese.

Get out then. I doubt that there's a gun to you head to hang out.

We in 135 tend to stick together, if your unable to comply then I'll feel no pain in not seeing you in the air.

This is future and it's not bad. ALL pilots bi..h but this is assisting to keep it safe.

HAP

The inconsistence may be apparent, this is true.

At least were moving to a higher plateau for all 135 to comply with.

135 for many years has had the definition of the "junk" operator trying to make a $$$. It has to end.

The airlines are S..t. We have to make sure industry makes it and this really does assist with this.

For all of you who have to break the rules to safety for "good busines" KISS MY A.S.

HAP

Get out then. I doubt that there's a gun to you head to hang out.

We in 135 tend to stick together, if your unable to comply then I'll feel no pain in not seeing you in the air.

This is future and it's not bad. ALL pilots bi..h but this is assisting to keep it safe.

HAP

HAP,
Don't be a tool, there's far to many in this business already!!!!!!!!
If you'd taken the time to read BOTH of my posts you might have gleened that I was implying that the Fed's were not being definitive enough in the opspec. This document, although a move in the right direction still leaves something to be desired as there is room for "interpretation" at various levels which will ensure that bottom of the barrel operators will still be able to circumnavigate some of the intent behind the rule.

Latest resources

Back