A visit to Bridgeway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groucho

I had a nice vist to Brideway this Tuesday and Wednesday and took the grand tour with Derrinda and Jerry. Very nice and impressive site and company.
The sim ride went well and the interview too, apparently.

Linda called this morning a left a message on my machine about a job offer.

While at the FSI facility I couldn't help but overhear that the TA was dead on arrival from some folks back for recurrent training or whatever they call it. The interviewers had no comment and of course recruiting was very positive of a rapid and positive outcome on the vote on October 22nd.

My question to the NetJets folks on this board is what will it take to pass a TA?

Could you give some numbers and specific changes to working conditions that you feel would be required to produce a favorable vote.

Airlines are not a valid comparison but it would seem to me that the annual NBAA, and Pro Pilot corporate Salary Surveys are a great place to start.

Please respond, I am interested in all comments.

P.S. If you look at my bio and wonder why I am even considering this it's because I work for a company, that shall remain unnamed, that has white flags painted on dark blue tails and is just recently entering bankruptcy for the 2nd time in a short period.

wow that's sad now they have to give guys tours through bridgeway to try and convince them to come over here?

Trust me the hiring department can put any spin they want it. Realistically the next year is going to be downright screwed up. Upgrades are running a couple of years at least. Oh and no first officers are going to be making override pay for a long time.

Food for thought.

Net Jets

While I see others are going to interviews I have been looking at my app. on my desk for a month. As a union member for the last 38 years (as much as want another flying job ) I can not let myself put it in the mail.

Frats,
Mobie

Groucho

I was furloughed and came here. BIG MISTAKE on my part. Please put resume's in with Citation Shares and AIRTRAN and FRONTIER and SOUTHWEST and....ANYONE ELSE !!! IF this CRAP TA passes, I suggest you accept the job, attend training (Free type rating thanks to Nutjets), get your TYPE and then QUIT THE SECOND THE EXAMINER HANDS YOU THE NEW TYPE RATING !!!

There have been a few instances of new hires getting up and leaving during indoc...the polish that the hiring department puts on this turd just doesn't hold once you actually get on the property as an employee. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO WORK...do what many Nutjet pilots are currently doing, looking for another job. I am in the pool for my next move and just waiting to JUMP SHIP !!!

mobie said:
While I see others are going to interviews I have been looking at my app. on my desk for a month. As a union member for the last 38 years (as much as want another flying job ) I can not let myself put it in the mail.
Send it in! If they call you before a decent contract is in place, tell them you are not interested in working there based on the current contract situation and pay rates.

Stay away. Stay far, far away. With your time and experience, I suspect you will do quite well for yourself if you pursued some other avenue of flying (such as a corporate or charter gig.) I can't imagine that it would be too difficult for you to find another flying job that pays you at least 30k/year. Upgrades at Netjets have slowed to a CRAWL. How do you feel about making less than 35k for the next 3-5 years? That low pay actually qualifies you for some federal assistance in many states if you have any children. Can you believe it!!!! Flying the top 2% of the richest people in the world around and making less than 35k.

Groucho,

When listening to a sales pitch given by a NetJets HR representative, you must always keep the immortal words of your avatar's namesake in your head.

Namely: "Whatever it is, I'm against it!!"

I have to believe it---I'm living it!

Correcting said:
. How do you feel about making less than 35k for the next 3-5 years? That low pay actually qualifies you for some federal assistance in many states if you have any children. Can you believe it!!!! Flying the top 2% of the richest people in the world around and making less than 35k.
My husband is an Excel FO/FO at NetJets --20 months now--making less than $28 K. Those wages qualify for a reduced..aka..poor family...priced lunch at his public school in Colorado. Another NJets FO/FO family, in our area, is on WIC. When he was hired, my husband was assured that he'd be upgrading to Captain in just a few months, and that an industry leading contract was just around the corner!

The wives are organizing and fighting for what our husbands have earned!

Latest resources

Back