Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BOOZENEWS

I LOVE being on top!!
With a lot of the majors nearing contract renewal time and the talk about strikes and the debate about the legality of it I believe a good alternative that the pres, congress or a court could not stop would be for all crews to simply tanker fuel whenever possible and cruise lower and faster when weight limits allow. Just 10% more fuel burned on the flights would hurt them where it matters a lot more than just raising the pay scales would. Also run the APU instead of using ground for AC and elec when at the gate.

What do you think?

I'm sure dispatch would have something to say to you.
Playing Devil's advocate: Isn't this cutting off your nose to spite your face?

things like this make my blood boil. Rogue idiots working counter to the work of their own union. What do you expect the response will be from mgmnt. when you ask for a raise?

RV

You're gonna ask for pay raises while the profit margin shrinks?

Maybe do it when management makes it clear that they're not ready to put a decent offer on the table.

With a lot of the majors nearing contract renewal time and the talk about strikes and the debate about the legality of it I believe a good alternative that the pres, congress or a court could not stop would be for all crews to simply tanker fuel whenever possible and cruise lower and faster when weight limits allow. Just 10% more fuel burned on the flights would hurt them where it matters a lot more than just raising the pay scales would. Also run the APU instead of using ground for AC and elec when at the gate.

What do you think?

Brilliant!:rolleyes:

You're gonna ask for pay raises while the profit margin shrinks?

Maybe do it when management makes it clear that they're not ready to put a decent offer on the table.

Guys, read what he said. He said as an alternative to a strike. DOesn't that kind of mean that management isn't willing to make a decent offer??

Very Bad Idea!!!!

In the early years of my airline life, many people told me to remember not to burn the house down that you have to live in, or not to kill the goose that lays the golden egg, take your pick.

I flew with a union rep at my first company when I was a young FO. His advice was, stay out of trouble, work within the contract, and help line the company's pockets with money (fuel savings, etc). Obviously, when contract times come up, the union is going to take as much as possible from the company's pockets.

He said one of the toughest things that the union has to fix is behavior like this, hurts the image of the pilot group.

Lastly, by doing doing what you recommend, you set a poor example for the guy/girl sitting next to you, and may find yourself on the bid around list.

Great post...Only one thing I could add to that...and thats HOOK "EM HORNS MF'er...sorry lost it there for a bit...

RV

How you going to get 100,000 pilots with 100,000 different agenda that belong to over five different unions and some non union to play along?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back