• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very touching. Well done, pkober.

Nicely done. You did well to post this.
Jerry

Aganh-Tol-Jay, Gah-Tahn Chindi Lha-Cha-Eh. Al-Neshodi Ul-So.
(Rest in Peace, Devil Dog. Mission Accomplished)

God bless them all.

Here is a tribute to another fallen Marine and a friend of mine. He was an outstanding Marine and person. He left behind a fiance and a baby girl he never knew. He was killed on a patrol he didn't have to go on.
Corporal Robert P. Warns II.
Tribute Website

A Mother's Prayer for Her Marine

God, Father of Freedom, look after that boy of mine, wherever he may be. Walk in upon him. Keep his mind stayed on Thee. Talk with him during the silent watches of the night, and spur him to bravery whenever called upon to face the cruel foe. Transfer my prayer to his heart, that he may know the lingering love I have bequeathed to him as an everlasting gift.

Keep my boy contented and inspired by the never-dying faith in his mother's God. He is my gift to freedom. May that freedom forever remain untarnished, God. Through the lonely and confusing hours of training and combat, and throughout all the long days of a hopeful victory, keep his spirit high and his purpose unwavering. Make him a proud pal to all with whom he comes in contact and make his influence a noonday light wherever his duty takes him.

Satisfy the hunger of his soul with the knowledge of this daily prayer of mine.

To my country, and to world freedom, O Heavenly Father, have I bequeathed this boy of mine. He is my choicest treasure. Take care of him, God. Keep him in health and sustain him under every possible circumstance of events. Warm him anew under his shelter and under the stars. Touch him with my smile of cheer and comfort and my full confidence in his every brave pursuit.

Silent and alone, I pray, God, but I am only one of millions of mothers, whose prayers stream day and night to You. This is our Gethsemane. Lead us victoriously through it, God. And lead that boy of mine through his. Fail him not...and may he not fail You, his country, nor his mother. Thank you, God.

The Marine's Prayer

Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones, and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family.

Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my Country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer. Amen.

Very touching. And if he was buried in his dress uniform as it appears, it also says a hell of a lot about what it means to be a US Marine, no matter what your background.

Latest resources

Back