Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm smarter than you!! Are not!, Are so!, Are not! etc

Lighten up Francis!!

So I am commuting on a reconditioned MD-90 with the nice blue leather and this old battle axe says, "What a small aircraft". There is never pleasing the public whether it's replacing turboprops with jets or frequency. The pricing genie is out of the bottle and we are all screwed!

The CRJ has it's place, you mainline guys need to get over it!! We don't dictate where we fly!! I know my place in feeding mainline. But, if the CRJ is not profitable (which I doubt on the numbers I've run, crew cost, fuel burn, etc) neither are the over sold mainline flights! Quit blaming us for Delta's problems. Go ahead and rub one out to Boyd's article but it won't stave off reality that the ice is quickly melting beneath your feet. And, as a regional pilot who wants to move on, I don't take any pleasure in mainline's problems. Cheers, Wil

RJ Costs

No, I don't hate RJs, and I think they have a place in this industry, but they aren't what Fred Greed thought they would be--a panacea for this industry. Businessmen don't really need "frequency" as much as the want lower prices. With lower prices, RJs become too expensive to operate---and larger planes with more seats are needed to compete.

Agreed! But one problem; Why in the heck is the newest Delta Management still procurring RJ's?? What is going on here with your and Boyds assessment concerning the bad, bad RJ?? I consistently read about how the RJ is the high cost dead weight that has cost Delta its doom and gloom, but Delta Management continues to grow the fleet. What gives? I am lost on this one.

My MD-80 is better than your RJ. So, who gives a farck. Delta Babies whining again. Get ready, cause here come more paycuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim47SIP said:
Agreed! But one problem; Why in the heck is the newest Delta Management still procurring RJ's?? What is going on here with your and Boyds assessment concerning the bad, bad RJ??

RJ deliveries are sharply down year over year.

I consistently read about how the RJ is the high cost dead weight that has cost Delta its doom and gloom, but Delta Management continues to grow the fleet. What gives? I am lost on this one.

Poor management decision making and the contracts and inertia from the Mullin era. Here's an interesting quote:

Analysts have also noted that almost half of Bombardier's regional-jet order backlog is related to US Airways (OTC BB:UAIRQ.OB - News), Northwest Airlines (NasdaqNM:NWAC - News) and Delta Connection (NYSE:DAL - News), which are facing financial problems.

Wednesday August 24, 11:44 am ET
By Robert Melnbardis

It seems like the companies with the largest RJ orders are the biggest under performers.

General Lee said:
Not all of that can be contributed to mainline pilot wages---l

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think the word you were looking for is "attributed".

Hehe, sorry...just wanted to be the jackass for once:p

FDJ2 said:
spinproof said:
....now back to my original "Jab"...so FDJ2 you're (got to be careful here)"plagiarizing" Your hero's thoughts as if they were your own!!!! Oh how original it is of the both of you:rolleyes: ! /QUOTE]

Spin, you're an idiot. First you claim copy right infringement then try to spin yourself out of it. You finally admit your an idiot on copy right law, but now you claim plagiarism. Typical. I never claimed this was my work, the author's name is displayed at the top of the article. I guess you'd just rather attack me then deal with the issues set forth in the article.

Cool your jets!! Just busting on ya and at the same time trying to get "Ms. Kitty" off his campaign!

Irony seems to have been lost on you also! The General seems to be the only one that got it!!!! Then again anyone as savvy as he would be the first to admit it if it were otherwise!

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
Poor management decision making and the contracts and inertia from the Mullin era. Here's an interesting quote:

Analysts have also noted that almost half of Bombardier's regional-jet order backlog is related to US Airways (OTC BB:UAIRQ.OB - News), Northwest Airlines (NasdaqNM:NWAC - News) and Delta Connection (NYSE:DAL - News), which are facing financial problems.

Wednesday August 24, 11:44 am ET
By Robert Melnbardis

It seems like the companies with the largest RJ orders are the biggest under performers.

Actually, USAirways and Northwest have relatively small RJ fleets in relation to their overall size. They were both very slow to procure RJ fleets....hence the backlog of planes.

DL didn't really want all of these 50 seaters, but DALPA wanted it this way. Pilots shouldn't take concessions for new aircraft, but they also shouldn't try to dictate what kinds of planes a company buys.

Oakum_Boy said:
My MD-80 is better than your RJ. So, who gives a farck. Delta Babies whining again. Get ready, cause here come more paycuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe the parking of 40 of your RJs. (Delta still retains the leases of 40 of yours) Also, thanks to the 2200 Captains leaving in a little more than a year, I can now hold MD88 Captain. Watch out dudes, I may do it......Pay cut? Not much.

Bye Bye--General Lee

KingAirKiddo said:
I think the word you were looking for is "attributed".

Hehe, sorry...just wanted to be the jackass for once:p

You are right. You got me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back