• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A tough choice... ASA or Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former 9 year prisoner of American Eagle, I can honestly say don't go there. You will not upgrade in the forseeable future at that company (no matter what anyone says). They treat their employees like crap, the maintenance sucks, the pass travel is expensive (even though it should be free), there is a terrible relationship with the AA employees, etc. etc. Go do night freight in Lear or Great Lakes or something. While you are sitting long term right seat in that Taco Jet for Eagle, the folks that went to the "less desirable" commuters / freight operators will have upgraded and be in the process of interviewing at majors. It says alot that I know 6 year guys sitting F/O over there (not by choice) who are making in the low 30's and less.

mach zero said:
As a former 9 year prisoner of American Eagle, I can honestly say don't go there. You will not upgrade in the forseeable future at that company (no matter what anyone says). They treat their employees like crap, the maintenance sucks, the pass travel is expensive (even though it should be free), there is a terrible relationship with the AA employees, etc. etc. Go do night freight in Lear or Great Lakes or something. While you are sitting long term right seat in that Taco Jet for Eagle, the folks that went to the "less desirable" commuters / freight operators will have upgraded and be in the process of interviewing at majors. It says alot that I know 6 year guys sitting F/O over there (not by choice) who are making in the low 30's and less.

The pay could be better this is true. Just as a reference a 5 year Saab FO will make more than 40k with per diem and some OT and I know a 5 year CRJ FO that cleared 46K last year with OT and per diem as well. Not that tough to do. Again not the best pay in the industry but not the worse either.

mach zero said:

Ahhhh the grass is always greener on the other side mr southwest..:cool:

Latest resources

Back