• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NuGuy

Ex-Commuter
Heyas all,

I am sitting here during an idle moment (I seem to have a lot of those lately) and I was noticing on the board here quite a few people reminicing about old friends and old times, and it got me thinking....

So I propose a toast...to old friends, old times. I'm sure everyone can think back to times in their career to people who made you smile, whether they were honestly funny, or just plain goofy. Maybe it was an instructor that made the light go on over your head, or a fellow student who told of a tale about a solo cross country.

Think back to times that made you scratch your head, or that make you lean back and say "hey, this isn't so bad, right now". Maybe it was sitting in the terminal during a wind swept night, with snow blowing and the weather below mins, or maybe it was on a layover where you found some treasured item in a small store.

But most of all, take the time to look back, and think about the people that you have met along the way. Think about buds, long since forgotten, and perhaps say a prayer for those no longer among us.

So raise a glass....

Nu

Great Thread !

NuGuy said:
Heyas all,

I am sitting here during an idle moment (I seem to have a lot of those lately) and I was noticing on the board here quite a few people reminicing about old friends and old times, and it got me thinking....

So I propose a toast...to old friends, old times. I'm sure everyone can think back to times in their career to people who made you smile, whether they were honestly funny, or just plain goofy. Maybe it was an instructor that made the light go on over your head, or a fellow student who told of a tale about a solo cross country.

Think back to times that made you scratch your head, or that make you lean back and say "hey, this isn't so bad, right now". Maybe it was sitting in the terminal during a wind swept night, with snow blowing and the weather below mins, or maybe it was on a layover where you found some treasured item in a small store.

But most of all, take the time to look back, and think about the people that you have met along the way. Think about buds, long since forgotten, and perhaps say a prayer for those no longer among us.

So raise a glass....

Nu

That's exactly the kinda spirit I got into this game for ! I'll drink to that and I'll drink with any of ya in aviation right now.

How proper. Just POPED-A-TOP after some much needed painting on my stairs too see this...

Here's to you NU, and the old mil buddies, To all who fly for a living, and for fun....Last but not least those who are no longer with us.

SALUTE

Latest resources

Back