A strapped for cash FO....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bluto said:
Also, if your rampers lose your crew bag, you can wash your socks and underwear in the coffee-maker. Nice hot water. I just squirt about half a bottle of shampoo in there, let it simmer for an hour or so, rinse and repeat. I'm sure they sterilize those things after every visit, don't they?....You can even simulate first class service by sticking some of the hand towels in there with some clean(er) water.

The hotels you stay at have shampoo?

Hello,
The iron also will work as a really poor man's heating plate or in my case I've used it to make grill-cheese sandwiches. My Mom told me in the "old days" when she was in college they used the old stem heat radiators to "cook" canned goods. Might try looking to see if they have any gas grills where you stay also. Even in winter you can stilluse them to heat up some soup. I know a guy from my Ground school class that had a mini kitchen in his luggage and they ate good!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I'm not only broke, I'm lazy. So I just go to Sam's Club and buy a 12pack of Zone Bars or Detour Bars and pack one for each day I'm on the road. Not much beats a 75 cent healthy breakfast that fills you up.

LOL the less mentioned about room sanitization, the better.

I know FO's are poor, but a $3 immersion heater, and a stainless steel travel coffee mug, = portable gourmet kitchen.

Latest resources

Back