Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Inigo Montoya

A look a fractional daily rates:

Assume upgrade at year five, rates are per day and overtime in "()". And you Options guys wok 197 days a year right? I'm not sure about that, I got it from someone else's post

CO (days/yr) Year 1 (OT) Year 2 (OT) Year 5 (OT) Year 10 (OT) Year 15 (OT)

NeJets (182) $312 ($468) $323 ($484) $551 ($827) $665 ($997) $752 ($1128)

Shares (182) $305 ($458) $320 ($480) $559 ($839) $661 ($991) $781 ($1171)

Flexjet (202) $278 ($375) $288 ($375) $491 ($600) $607 ($800) $668 ($800)

Options (197) $172 (???) $182 (????) $361 (Small) $391 (Mid) $490(Large)

Industry Average $266 $278 $490 $581 $672

I think my math is all right.

Netjets is the 7/7 scale, the Flexjet assumes challenger at year 10, and I have no clue what the Options overtime rates are.
CS pay are the new rates (April 1st) and Flexjet is the new rates (may 1st). Flexjet CA rates are years in service - 1 (a year 10 captain gets paid at year 9 rates)

Also keep in mind that the NetJets rate is their Lowest rate. I suppose I should have tried to use a company average but that only just occurred to me. Is the "flex" schedule 15 days/mo * 12 = 180 days/yr?

Any word on how close Options is to a contract?

Last edited:
Nice job with a fair assessment.

our contract..?

Nah, its easier to just shut it down.

Our management isnt' smart enough to read the post above, and understand the numbers.

And they don't understand why 10 pilots resign in ONE, let me repeat that ONE day.

Last edited:
CS will start to draw some attention from people waiting in line at NetJets or those who did not get selected. That's not to say that CS is second rate or what have you. Just saying both of these great companies are in neck-and-neck competition for pilots as of 1 April.

Good job to all you folks who helped raise the bar! Those of us following you in appreciate it!

Skyward80

Is the [NetJets] "flex" schedule 15 days/mo * 12 = 180 days/yr?

Yes, that's correct, and thus has the highest daily rate of any of the schedules. But it's capped at 10% of the pilots in each fleet/seat, so it's probably not really a fair representation of our payscale. The 18-day schedule can be flown by as much as 40% of each fleet/seat, but its daily rate is almost identical to the 7/7 rate. (First-year, for example, is $312.50 on the 7/7, and $320.31 on the 18-day; not really enough to bother changing your chart, I don't think.)

Good chart! Pay for days worked is the most valid way to compare base pay at these companies, I think.

Great pay chart!

Now, imagine how much better it would be if Flexjet offered 20-100 pilot domicile choices... It would be so much more attractive to pilots not wanting to live in one of four-five choices. Personally, I'd love to fly the Challenger 300 one day but I don't want to live in one of the four-five domiciles offered by Flexjet... I guess XOJet could be a viable Challenger 300 alternative.

I still can't believe Flexjet closed their only West Coast domicile - that's LAME. What's the rationale behind that? West Coasters ain't welcome? Even FLOPS offers a better domicile policy. That's too bad.

the rationale behind Mr DG closing ONT is this:

"I'm the boss and I do as I please without regard to the impact of my pilots"

Does that pretty much sum it up?

I hear that in the Flex recurrent ground school they are showing a chart that shows how high above the average Flexjet is... not anymore I guess. Then again we never were since CS is going to beat us to a raise.

Why the heck does flexjet not do time and a half for overtime days like everybody else?

I hear that in the Flex recurrent ground school they are showing a chart that shows how high above the average Flexjet is... not anymore I guess. Then again we never were since CS is going to beat us to a raise.

Why the heck does flexjet not do time and a half for overtime days like everybody else?[/quote]

They need to save that for the NEXT round of negotiations in a few years. They can't give everything away...

I do agree that the lack of a West Coast pilot base is bad policy and it doesn't make much sense - a lot of desirable pilot candidates and customers probably live on the LEFT Coast too (if they weren't aware already). If Netjets can offer 100 pilot domiciles including many on the West Coast, why can't Flexjet offer at least one? What about LA or Vegas where a lot of their airplanes layover every night? Again, this too sounds like more negotiating tactics.

Latest resources

Back