• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

A question of style?

paid4training

Missing my family
Total Time
enough
I am flying on average 5 hrs straight and I used David Clark headsets. Are there any suggestions on sunglasses to wear with them because I get a headache wearing sunglasses and the headset?

scottn2flying

Total Time
lots
I wear Oakley's when I fly and don't experience any problems. Then again you are using DC (David Clamps) and I wear Lightspeed. When I use cheap sunglasses I do however experience some pain. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BlackPilot628

Total Time
5000+
I use "C Wire" Oakley's under my DC's. I don't have any problems.
The Big framed Oakley's did give me head aches.

mushroom

It's pronounced Doo-MAH
Total Time
>7000
Oregon Aero sells a "comfort kit" for DC headsets with visco-elastic foam (like a Tempurpedic mattress) that might help, as well as a lot of other foam products. Their website is http://www.oregonaero.com--m'shroom

Ralgha

Total Time
Get a better headset, Telex, Lightspeed, Bose. If you still want that classic DC feeling, have someone hit you in the head as hard as they can with a boat paddle. It feels about the same.

Spinplate

Total Time
http://www.arnette.com/surf/index.html?id_country=usa

check out style AN3016

I have used these for almost 4 years now!! Love em!! Polarized and they fit great with a headset. The Polarized hasnt given me any problems with screens, FMS, etc. Good Luck!! Also, they were about 89 bux at Sunglass Hut! Sure you could find em cheaper on Ebay or something