A Question for ASA guys???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

ASA guys and gals...can someone explain to me the furlough pretection language in your current contract?? Does it protect the most junior pilot hired prior to the TA being passed? Does it protect Captains from downgrade?

We have literally no protective language in this comical new TA at 9E...some lower seniority FO's, such as myself, are concerned that with the new TA and the company dual qualifying pilots on both the 200 and the 900, they will most certainley stab us in the backs ASAP and start furloughing...did you guys work this in bc of fear of furloughs? From a company that had never furloughed up until a few months ago? Someone please enlighten me..I would also like to be the first on this board to personally apologize to all of you is this TA passes...it is a joke and I am embarrased to wear Pinnacle wings and ask for a jumpseat on anyones airplane...esspecially whoever is on deck for NMB negotiations through ALPA..have fun boys! Pinnacle sets the standard!

Mine is just one opinion so here it is.

ASA's furlough protection insured no furlough's for all pilots employed at the time the contract was signed. The contract was signed something like November 20, 2007. The last protected newhire class was something like November 19, 2007. Every pilot hired after that date (130+) has now been furloughed. They were furloughed PRIOR TO the agreement in principle on PBS. To my knowledge, the PBS agreement DOES NOT contain language to bring them back. They will come back when block hours rise to require them back. (through attrition or new flying)

IT DOES NOT provide ANY protection against being downgraded. There are quite a number of our pilots who've endured that "inconvenience" as well. We DO have an area that allows the company to "re-upgrade" those displaced captains using super seniority if it occurs within (I think) six months. That option was actually used last year.

ASA guys and gals...can someone explain to me the furlough pretection language in your current contract?? Does it protect the most junior pilot hired prior to the TA being passed? Does it protect Captains from downgrade?

We have literally no protective language in this comical new TA at 9E...some lower seniority FO's, such as myself, are concerned that with the new TA and the company dual qualifying pilots on both the 200 and the 900, they will most certainley stab us in the backs ASAP and start furloughing...did you guys work this in bc of fear of furloughs? From a company that had never furloughed up until a few months ago? Someone please enlighten me..I would also like to be the first on this board to personally apologize to all of you is this TA passes...it is a joke and I am embarrased to wear Pinnacle wings and ask for a jumpseat on anyones airplane...esspecially whoever is on deck for NMB negotiations through ALPA..have fun boys! Pinnacle sets the standard!

Yeah, I'm not sure if there are any ASA guys on this board. You might want to try APC.

Yeah, I'm not sure if there are any ASA guys on this board. You might want to try APC.

I haven't seen an ASA pilot or ASA thread around here for ages. Good luck finding an answer. Thanks for the chuckle.

GeekMaster said what I was thinking.

Last edited:
ASA cannot furlough anymore pilots....well, unless we go through bankruptcy or the no furlough clause is renegotiated.

Latest resources

Back