Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
I saw the Blue Angels over Lake Washington in Seattle today and could swear there were two number 7's which seemed quite odd. I didn't have the clearest view as I was watching a pair of one-year-olds and a three-year-old at the time. I've watched them dozens of times as I'm sure most folks on here have. This was a "practice" for the shows on Saturday and Sunday but it was the full show. I found a picture of today's show that shows a passenger in one of the number 7's, which also seemed unusual.
Any thoughts?
http://www.seattlepi.com/photos/gal...e=8&GTitle=Blue Angels 2009&pubdate=7/30/2009

not unusual

They often give rides to media/celebs or fellow military bro's. They might also have two of the same jet number if one of there regular jets goes down for maintenance. hth fng

Aha! Great work C425driver. I'm guessing they usually take the one of number 7's on the road ahead of the rest for media flights, but will use them in a show if they have to.

I saw the Blue Angels over Lake Washington in Seattle today and could swear there were two number 7's which seemed quite odd. I didn't have the clearest view as I was watching a pair of one-year-olds and a three-year-old at the time. I've watched them dozens of times as I'm sure most folks on here have. This was a "practice" for the shows on Saturday and Sunday but it was the full show. I found a picture of today's show that shows a passenger in one of the number 7's, which also seemed unusual.
Any thoughts?
http://www.seattlepi.com/photos/gal...e=8&GTitle=Blue Angels 2009&pubdate=7/30/2009

The #2 Jet must have been maintenance down, and the #2 pilot took the 7 jet in its place. This sucks because the 7 jet is a pig. Much heavier and affects performance. it is better when #7 is in the slot position (#4). besides...no one was in the back of the jet in this pic.

I don't know, I'm seeing a backseater in that pic. The pilot has the blue suit and the yellow helmet, but the person in the back has a regular olive drab flight suit and darker helmet.

Latest resources

Back