A&P Needed - Employmment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spirit05

Spirit Aviation near Augusta GA (KHQU) is seeking A&P's for our expanding maintenance shop.

We service mostly light general aviation aircraft, singles and twins.

Pay and benefits are competitive.

Inquire at [email protected]

Freshly minted A&P's encouraged to apply. Immediate opening(s)

Just wondering - what is pay in that area for a freshly-minted A&P?

_____

I'm presently in A&P school. The class that just graduated (only five of them) were ALL spoken for five months before their graduation. Several in my class ALREADY have offers.

I have no idea how this country is going to meet the need for AMTs.

I've heard that it's still low paying after schooling, and takes a while to work up to better money.. knew one guy with a new license went to work for somebody at a breath-taking. . . $13.50 an hour ! Wow, rolling in the dough. I make $12, part time, without the license... i need years of school, and a mountain of debt for that?

11 years ago I started at $8.00 an hour. With in two years I was us to over $18.00. Pay is always an issue when starting in aviation. I started at a regional airline as a pilot and made $23K the first year = 11.50 an hour in a normal job. You dont get into this for the $$$$$$$$$.

Augusta, GA was my hometown. I hope Daniel Field DNL is the airport with the job. That is pretty much in one of the most interesting and nice areas of town. QOL could be great there. If the job is at Bush Field AGS forget about it! Unless you want to live in a van down by the river (sewage treatment plant there is massive) and be far away from anything nice in Augusta.

Oh crap, sorry. Just re-read the post. The job is at Thompson. Very nice out there if you like country living.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back