A new commercial pilot joins the ranks.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QuasarZ said:
NIce good Job! Im about a week out from my commercial. How was the ride?
pretty easy.

oral was easy, short, but results not typical. vmc and critical engine..other than that..not much really...commercial privlidges and limitations, airspace, fuel system, landing gear system, (nothing on the constant speed propeller system surprisingly)...asked me runway light questions which i fouled up.

flight was 1.1, steep turns, stalls, vmc demo, couple of failures, one full feather, secure, and airstart, single engine gps approach to a circle to land...also did an aborted takeoff (i wish i was taller so I would have better braking authority)...

run forest run !!!

just kidding bro! congrats, and stay safe!

gkrangers said:
Yay for me, even further toward my goal of getting myself into a disaster of a career! :p

CMEL passed.

Congratulations. What's the deal with single engine commercial though? Hopefully you will/have added it on. That's always fun to do in one day. That's how I did it. First came a C172RG ride for emergency procedures and complex operations. Then came maneuvers in a regular 172. Then came the commercial IFR multi ride in a BE-95. Stressful day.

gkrangers said:
Yay for me, even further toward my goal of getting myself into a disaster of a career! :p

CMEL passed.

Did you do any bird chasing or banner tow pickups on the practical? There should be some bird chasing on the practical, if that's all we can do with a commercial.

FN FAL said:
Did you do any bird chasing or banner tow pickups on the practical? There should be some bird chasing on the practical, if that's all we can do with a commercial.
Single engine banner pickup, then a tow down the beach at 150 feet.

mcjohn said:
Congratulations. What's the deal with single engine commercial though? Hopefully you will/have added it on. That's always fun to do in one day. That's how I did it. First came a C172RG ride for emergency procedures and complex operations. Then came maneuvers in a regular 172. Then came the commercial IFR multi ride in a BE-95. Stressful day.
What is a BE-95?

I was going to do the CSEL intial, but the RG broke, so I transitioned to the Duchess and did the CMEL initial. I'm heading back to NJ in the next few days, and will do the CSEL addon in a 172 when I get back up there this summer. Then onto the CFI.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back