Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

got_jumpseat?

NO BLO JETS
http://www.mainlineairways.com Anybody out there heard of this? Are they hiring? Who's running it? Who owns it? Dear God anybody but Johnathan Orenstien please not him. Apparently they will be operating MD-11's. Anybody in Hawaii with Team Mobile (Voicestream) cell phones have been getting text messages offering $89 one-way fares LAX-HNL or HNL-LAX starting soon. When???

Sooner or later a LCC will come up with JFK to LHR for $129.00 each way. A LCC with MD-11's is only the beginning.

Im getting confused as they have a seat diagram for a MD-11, although the caption says they will operate MD-10(didnt know there were any of those in passenger configuration) but saw where they were looking for capt., f.o.s and FE s.. Correct me if Im wrong but I thought the md-10 was a converted dc-10 into a glass 2 man cockpit...... I am left thinking that they dont know what they are flying yet!

A MD10 is a DC10 body with a MD11 cockpit, wondering where they got the aircraft? Thought only FEDEX was flying the MD10...

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I sound ignorant but I'm fairly new to aviation, are MD-11's a 2 pilot aircraft? and from what I read, the MD-10 is a DC-10 converted to an MD-11 cockpit for 2 pilots?

Futue RJ:
Dc-10 came out in the early 70s with a 3 man crew( requires a flight engineer/ or S.O.) They had several versions-or series, dash 10s dash 30 dash 40..ect. In The early 90s after douglas had merged with McDonnel they talked about making a newer long range version- dash 60s I believe---Instead they went for a more revolutionary version making it one of the most automated- all glass cockpits in the industry-- very comparable to the newer airbuses--and yes it is a 2 man crew--atleast on short flights.
The md-10-which I am not that familiar with was an stc to change the cockpit of a dc-10 into a 2 man all glass cockpit mirroring that of the md-11. Fed-ex has some however I do not know of any other operator that has them.. that is why when they were advertising for flight engineers, saying they would operate md-10s but having a picture of a MD-11 for the seating diagram I started to wonder.... BUT WHO KNOWS they may operate all 3 types

Well, I sent this airline an email just to see if they respond, very curious..

Latest resources

Back