Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
I have to admit that this is the first time that I've perused the threads on this forum. I'm going to take a moment and brag. Today is our anniversary; my wife and I have been married 35 years. I was really corny when I proposed - it was at night in a Stinson Station Wagon flying over the college town where we met. The ring was in the glove box. That was about 3 weeks after we first met. We were married 3 months later. I guess that it took - we've got 5 kids and 10 grandchildren. My wife has supported me all of the way - through the many moves; the crummy schedules; the missed birthdays, anniversaries, and ball games; she had been a stay-at-home mom, but she went to work when I hired on at the airlines so that we could make ends meet. When I left the airlines and went corporate she supported me as well. We had our bad times - mainly her cancer. But we're a team and she's still my best friend. I have had a great career, but it wouldn't have been if it hadn't been for her love and support.

Here's a tip for you guys just starting out. Establish your priorities and don't sacrifice what you really want out of life for some percieved advantange when it comes to getting a flying job. No flying job is worth losing a family over.

LS

Married 35 years?? Now thats insane. Congrats. Im going on 30 myself, 30 without a wife!!!:laugh:

Congrats Lead, I just passed the 10 year mark with my wife. We spent the day fly fishing on the Madison River...she out-fished me. She's a pretty cool gal, and still hot as hell, especially for a mom of 3. I'm a lucky man.

Too funny Sled. Ours was much the same but in a 414. April will be 20 years for us and we will send our oldest of three off to college. I have not regretted staying with my corporate gig. I have yet to miss a major holiday. I have only missed a few birthdays and two anniversary's. I coach the ball games so I have not missed many of those either. My wife has also been very tolerant of the aviation related garbage, so in return when she was ready to start her own company out of he house I was fresh out of excuses why not to take on as much of the house chores as I could so that she could give it a try. So far so good.

Congratulations! My honey and I have been together for 6 years and I hope to be in your shoes someday.

Happy Anniversary!

it is not insane... it is called maturity as in mature love. what's got me looking forward to old age are the recent studies that 73% of couples over 65 are still gettin naughty.LOL ... agree with the author here, all the way!
we were in the van the other night and a few of our friends have made bad choices. i know two pilots who left newborns and wife for an FA and now has and/or is having a kid with them. one is spliting and the other ,who knows? why would a guy who knows to go missed and proceed to the alternate, not be able to see nice rearend and say," no runway, go around?"

It is funny, how so many people hide behind anonimity and ruthlessly dog and complain about each other (even I am guilty of that). But reading this post, and this forum for the first time; you see what is important. Mid-seniority regional FO with 4 kids. Funny how you get to the "dream", and it was hardly so. But like most others on this thread, I am blessed with her patience, and stamina. It does not have to end stereotypically. Congratulations Sled. God bless your family and wife. Ofcourse you as well. Thank you for writing the post.

you no dats right!! hey, i noticed you're expecting, and congrats along with God bless the baby!! what a great holiday season in store for you.

Congrats to everybody, but in particular, Lead Sled and "Mommy" Megadeth. My wife and I just had our first child and I just got hired on with my second regional so needless to say, she is going back to work full time for the first year. I sometimes think how easy it would be to be the one and only person again making the decisions but I'm easly snapped back by how much I love them and how I couldn't imagine my life being any different. I plan and hope to be like the poster of this thread some day looking back on good times and bad times and a 35 year marriage with more to go. Congrats again!

CM

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back