a good career move ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jsoceanlord

this is true; I was at a floatplane tour company the other day. They fly Beavers.

the receptionist was a young guy. He's an AF Academy grad and flew AF beech 400's. He was getting assigned to C 5's when he decided that glass panels isn't where it's at. He decided instead to do the float planes. But the insurance requirement is tripping him up.

I'd be interested in knowing how he got the AF to just let him go after spending millions of dollars training him because he decided he didn't like glass cockpits...

Yeah, glass panels just isn't where it is at. I knew guys that left Ranger School because walking all day and night with no sleep and no food wasn't where it was at.

They never left because they didn't meet the standard. Nope, not a one...

A good career move ? I don't think so . . . .

jsoceanlord said:
this is true; I was at a floatplane tour company the other day. They fly Beavers.

the receptionist was a young guy. He's an AF Academy grad and flew AF beech 400's. He was getting assigned to C 5's when he decided that glass panels isn't where it's at. He decided instead to do the float planes. But the insurance requirement is tripping him up.
Can you please provide more to the story? It sounds rather disingenous to me.

:eek: (This icon is actually me, giving the big "whale eye..."

Um, I don't think you got the straight poop. Dunno what this guy's story is, but hey...the AF just doesn't let people out of the service if they don't "like" glass.

Maybe he is not exactly what he says...ya' think?:rolleyes:

The insurance requirement holding him up? yuk yuk yuk....

Hey, I figured it out!

To see if he actually graduated from the Air Force Academy, just give him a simple test.

Ask him if his parents are married.

If he says yes, then there is no way they let him into the Academy...:D

It's an old joke...

"I applied to go to the Air Force Academy but didn't get in. They found out my parents were married..."

Pah dum dum, ching! I'll be here all week, folks...:)

wtf has married parents got to do with anything

Marcus Wesson, thought to be the father and grandfather of the victims, walked out of the house covered in blood and was booked on suspicion of nine counts of murder.

Authorities said Wesson, 57, may have been involved in polygamy and is thought to have fathered children with at least six women, including two of his own daughters.

Authorities expect to release the names of the victims by Friday: a 24-year-old woman and eight children ranging in age from 1 to 17.

Absoloutly nothing!

Latest resources

Back