a fun read (albeit long)

Hugh Jorgan

Well-known member
Nov 25, 2001
Total Time
John Lear gave this talk on July 9th, 2004 to a group of fellow pilots
> in Las Vegas called, the "Hangar of Quiet Birdmen". Each month one
> pilot in
> the group gives a 15 minute talk on his career.
> John Lear on John Lear:
> One of the anguishes of advancing age is losing old friends. The
> upside
> of that, though, is that I get to tell the story my way.
> I learned to fly at Clover Field in Santa Monica when I was 14.
> However
> before I got to get in an actual airplane Dad made me take 40 hours of
> Link with Charlie Gress. I can't remember what I did yesterday but I
> guarantee
> you I could still shoot a 90 degree, Fade-out or Parallel radio range
> orientation.
> When I turned 16 I had endorsements on my student license for an Aero
> Commander 680E and Cessna 310.
> I got my private at 17 and instrument rating shortly thereafter. The
> Lockheed 18 Lodestar was my first type rating at age 18. I went to
> work
> for my father and brother flying copilot on a twin beech out of Geneva
> Switzerland after I got out of high school. Dad was over there trying
> to
> peddle radios to the European airlines.
> However just after I turned 18 and got my Commercial I was showing off
> my aerobatic talents in a Bucker Jungmann to my friends at a Swiss
> boarding
> school I had attended. I managed to start a 3 turn spin from too low
> an
> altitude and crashed. I shattered both heels and ankles and broke both
> legs in 3 places. I crushed my neck, broke both sides of my jaw and
> lost
> all of
> my front teeth. I managed to get gangrene in one of the open wounds
> in my
> ankles and was shipped from Switzerland to the Lovelace Clinic in
> Albuquerque where Randy Lovelace made me well.
> When I could walk again I worked selling pots and pans door to door in
> Santa Monica. In late 1962 Dad had moved from Switzerland to Wichita to
> build the Lear Jet and I went to Wichita to be work in Public
> relations
> until November of 1963 about 2 months after the first flight when I
> moved
> to Miami and took over editing an aviation newspaper called Aero News.
> I moved the newspaper to El Segundo in California and ran it until it
> failed. I then got a job flight instructing at Progressive Air
> Service in
> Hawthorne, California. From there I went to Norman Larson Beech in Van
> Nuys flight instructing in Aircoupes.
> In the spring of 1965 I was invited by my Dad back to Wichita to get
> type rated in the model 23 Learjet. I then went to work for the
> executive
> aircraft division of Flying Tigers in Burbank who had secured a
> dealership
> for the Lear.
> In November of 1965 my boss Paul Kelly crashed number 63 into the
> mountains at Palm Springs killing everybody on board including Bob
> Prescotts 13 years old son and 4 of the major investors in Tigers. I
> took
> over his
> job as President of Airjet charters a wholly owned subsidiary of FTL
> and
> flew
> charters and sold Lears. Or rather tried to sell them. It turns out
> that I
> never managed to sell one Learjet in my entire life.
> In March of 1966 2 lear factory pilots Hank Beaird, Rick King and
> myself set 17 world speed records including speed around the round the
> world, 65
> hours and 38 minutes in the first Lear Jet 24. Shortly after that
> flight I
> got canned from Tigers and moved to Vegas and started the first 3rd
> level
> airline in Nevada, Ambassador Airlines. We operated an Aero Commander
> and
> Cherokee 6 on 5 stops from Las Vegas to LAX. This was about the time
> Hughes moved to Las Vegas and I was doing some consulting work for
> Bob and
> Peter
> Maheu.
> The money man behind Ambassador was Jack Cleveland who I introduced to
> John Myers in the Hughes organization. Cleveland and Myers tried to
> peddle
> the 135 certificate to Hughes without success and Jack ended up
> selling
> Howard those phony gold mining claims you all may remember. I went
> back to
> Van Nuys and was flying Lear charter part time for Al Paulson and Clay
> Lacy at California Airmotive, the Learjet distributor.
> That summer I started a business called Aerospace Flight Research in
> Van Nuys were I rented aircraft to Teledyne to flight test their
> Inertial
> Guidance Systems. We had a B-26, Super Pinto and Twin Beech. I think
> we
> lasted about 4 months.
> I then went to work for World Aviation Services in Ft. Lauderdale
> ferrying the Cessna O2 FAC airplane from Wichita, fresh of the
> assembly
> line to Nha Trang in Viet Nam with fellow QB Bill Werstlein. We were
> under
> the
> 4440th ADG Langley VA. and hooked up with a lot of other military
> pilots
> ferrying all manner and types of aircraft.
> Our route was Wichita to Hamilton, Hickam, Midway, Wake, Guam, Clark
> and then in country. The longest leg was Hamilton to Hickam an
> average of
> 16
> hours, no autopilot, no copilot, and one ADF. We also had 3 piddle
> packs.
> Arriving in Nha Trang we would hitch a ride to Saigon and spend 3 days
> under technical house arrest, each trip, pay a fine for entering the
> country
> illegally, that is being civilians and not coming through a port of
> entry,
> catch an airline up to Hong Kong for a little R and R and straight
> back to
> Wichita for another airplane. I flew this contract for 4 years.
> During some off time in 1968 I attempted to ferry a Cessna 320 from
> Oakland to Australia with the first stop in Honolulu. About 2 hours out
> from Oakland I lost the right engine and had no provisions for dumping
> fuel. I
> went down into ground effect (T effect for you purists) and for 3
> hours
> and 21 minutes flew on one engine about 25 feet above the waves and
> made it
> into Hamilton AFB after flying under the Golden Gate and Richmond
> bridges.
> An
> old friend Nick Conte, was officer of the day and gave me the royal
> treatment.
> Why did I go into Hamilton instead of Oakland? I knew exactly where
> the O
> club was for some much needed refreshment.
> In September of 1968 between 0-2 deliveries I raced a Douglas B-26
> Invader in the Reno Air Races. It was the largest airplane ever raced
> at
> Reno, and I placed 5th in the Bronze passing one Mustang. It was
> reported
> to me after the race by XB-70 project pilot Col. Ted Sturmthal that
> when I
> passed the P-51, 3 fighter pilots from Nellis committed suicide off
> the
> back of the grandstands. In the summer of 1970 I helped Darryl
> Greenamyer
> and
> Adam Robbins put on the California 1000 air race in Mojave California.
> That's the one where Clay Lacy raced the DC-7.
> I flew a B-26 with Wally McDonald. I then started flying charter in an
> Aero Commander and Beech Queen Air for Aero Council a charter service
> out
> of Burbank. They went belly up about 3 months later and I went up to
> Reno
> to
> work for my Dad as safety pilot on his Lear model 25. After my Dad
> fired
> me I was personally escorted to the Nevada/California border by an
> ex-Los
> Angeles police detective who worked for Dad and did the muscle work.
> I went back down to Van Nuys and was Chief Pilot for Lacy Aviation and
> was one of the first pilot proficiency examiners for the Lear Jet. In
> the
> summer of 1973 I moved to Phnom Penh, Cambodia as Chief Pilot and
> Director
> of Operations for Tri Nine Airlines which flew routes throughout
> Cambodia
> for Khmer Akas Air.
> I flew a Convair 440 an average of 130 hours a month. We had unlimited
> quantities of 115/145 fuel and ADI and were able to use full CB-17
> power
> (which was 62" for any of you R-2800 aficionados). In November of
> 1973 I
> moved to Vientianne, Laos and flew C-46's and Twin Otters for
> Continental
> Air Services Inc. delivering guns and ammo to the Gen. Vang Pao and
> his
> CIA supported troops.
> We got shot down one day and when I say we, Dave Kouba was the
> captain.
> We were flying a twin otter and got the right engine shot out.
> Actually
> the small arms fire had hit the fuel line in the right strut and fuel
> was
> streaming out back around the tail and being sucked into the large
> cargo
> opening in the side of the airplane and filling the cockpit with a
> fine
> mist of jet fuel.
> I held the mike in my hands, "Should I call Cricket and possibly blow
> us up or...?" (Some of you may remember "Cricket"... "This is Cricket
> on
> guard with an air strike warning to all aircraft".)
> VBut Davy found us a friendly dirt strip and we were back in the air
> the next day. When the war came to an end in 1973 I moved back to Van
> Nuys
> and
> started flying Lears for Lacy again until October when I went up to
> Seattle and sat in on a Boeing 707 ground school for Air Club
> International
> on
> spec.
> V3 weeks later I ended up in the left seat of the 707 with a total of
> 8
> hours in type. Air Club begat Aero America and we flew junkets out of
> Vegas for the Tropicana and Thunderbird Hotels. I left Aero having
> not been
> fired and in the summer of 1975 I was Director of Ops for Ambassador
> Airlines 2
> flying 707 junkets also out of Vegas. After that airline collapsed I
> moved
> to Beirut, Lebanon in September of 1975 and flew 707's for 2 years for
> Trans Mediterranean Airways a Lebanese cargo carrier.

Hugh Jorgan

Well-known member
Nov 25, 2001
Total Time
part II.....

> It was a very interesting job in that they had 65 stations around the

> world and you would leave Beirut with a copilot that had maybe 200

> hours

> in airplanes and fortunately a first rate plumber and off you'd go

> around

> the

> world. My favorite run was Dubai to Kabul, Afghanistan with a stop in

> Kandahar. Kabul is a one way strip, land uphill and take off downhill,

> it

> was 6000 foot elevation with no navaids.


> During those 2 years I made many round the world trips and many over

> the pole trips. In 1977 I moved back to Vegas and was Director of

> Operations

> for Nevada Airlines flying DC-3's and Twin Beech's to the Canyon. In

> September

> of 77 I was called to Budapest for another CIA operation flying 707's

> loaded with arms and ammo to Mogadishu.


> Leaving Budapest then refueling in Jeddah we flew radio silence down

> the Red Sea trying to avoid the MiGs based in Aden, whose sole

> purpose on

> earth was to force us down. The briefing was simple. If you guys get

> into

> trouble DON'T CALL US. Back to Vegas in December of that year I was

> hired

> as Chief

> Pilot for Bonanza Airlines 2 operating DC-3's and a Gulfstream 1 from

> Vegas

> to Aspen.


> After that airline collapsed I was hired by Hilton Hotels to fly their

> Lear 35 A. In my spare time I flew part time for Dynalectron and the


> on an underground nuke test monitoring program. I flew their B-26,

> OV-10,

> Volpar Beech and Huey helicopter. I also flew the Tri Motor Ford part

> time

> for Scenic Airlines. In 1978 my Dad passed away and left me with one

> dollar, which incidentally, I never got.


> In 1980 I ran for the Nevada State Senate district 4. I lost miserably

> only because I was uninformed, unprepared and both of my size 9

> triple E's

> were continually in my mouth.


> I got fired from Hilton shortly after that and moved to Cairo, Egypt

> to

> fly for Air Trans another CIA cutout. After the Camp David accords

> were

> signed in 1979 each country, Egypt and Israel were required to

> operate 4

> flights a week into the others country. Of course, El Al pilots

> didn't mind

> flying into Cairo but you could not find an Egyptian pilot that would

> fly

> into Tel Aviv. So an Egyptian airline was formed called Nefertiti

> Airlines

> with me as chief pilot to fly the 4 flights a week into Tel Aviv. On

> our

> off

> time we flew subcontract for Egyptair throughout Europe and Africa.

> All

> this, of course was just a cover for our real missions which was all

> kinds

> of nefarious gun running throughout Europe and Africa which we did in

> our

> spare time.


> And now that our beloved 40th president has passed on I can tell you

> that in fact (with my apologies to Michael Reagan) the October

> Surprise was

> true. The October surprise for those of you that don't remember

> happened

> during

> October of 1980 when Reagan and Bush were running against Carter and

> Mondale George Bush was flown in a BAC 111 one Saturday night to

> Paris to

> meet

> with the Ayatollah Khomeini. Bush offered the Khomeini a deal whereby

> if he

> would delay the release of the hostages held in Tehran until Reagans

> inauguration, the administration would supply unlimited guns and

> ammunition

> to the

> Iranians.


> In order to get Bush back for a Sunday morning brunch so that nobody

> would be alerted to his absence he was flown back in an SR-71 from

> Reims

> field near Paris to McGuire AFB.


> Of course Reagan won, the hostages were released and one of my jobs in

> Cairo was to deliver those arms from Tel Aviv to Tehran.


> Unfortunately, the first airplane in, an Argentinean CL-44 was shot

> down

> by the Russians just south of Yerevan and Mossad who was running the

> operation didn't want to risk sending my 707. The arms where

> eventually

> delivered through Dubai, across the Persian Gulf and directly into

> Terhan.


> During the 2 years I was in Cairo I averaged 180 hours a month with a

> top month of 236 hours in a 31 day period. I spent a 6 week tour in

> Khartoum

> flying cows to Saana, North Yemen in an old Rolls Royce powered 707.


> Back in Las Vegas in December of 1982 I sat on my ass until I was out

> of money, again, and then went to work for Global Int'l Airlines in

> Kansas

> City, another CIA cutout run by Farhad Azima, an Iranian with a

> bonafide

> Gold Plated Get Out of Jail Free card flying 707's until they

> collapsed in

> October of 83.


> During the summer of 1983 the FAA celebrated its 25th Anniversary at

> the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City. There was much

> fanfare

> and speech making and 2 honored guests. Bill Conrad from Miami,

> Florida

> who had the most type ratings, I think over 50. And myself. I had the

> most

> airman certificates issued of any other airman.


> After Global's collapse I went went to work for American Trans Air

> flying 707's. I wrote their international navigation manual as MNPS

> for

> North

> Atlantic operations was just being implemented and became the first


> designated check airman for MNPS navigation. ATA then added 727's and

> then

> Lockheed L-1011's. For a very brief time I was qualified as captain

> in all

> three.


> After getting fired from ATA in July of 1989 I became a freight dog

> flying DC-8's for Rosenbalm Aviation which became Flagship Express and

> after that airline collapsed I was hired as Chief pilot for Patriot

> Airlines out

> of Stead Field in Reno, flying cargo 727's from Miami to South

> America.

> After getting fired from Patriot I went to work for Connie Kalitta

> flying

> DC-8s then the L-1011 on which I was a check airman. Kalitta sold out

> to

> Kitty Hawk International which went bankrupt in May of 2000.


> I was 57 at the time and nobody is going to hire an old f*ck for two

> and a half years except to fly sideways so I turned in my stripes and

> ever

> present flask of Courvoisier. Except for one last fling in March of

> 2001

> where I flew the Hadj for a Cambodian Airline flying L-1011's under

> contract

> to Air India. We were based in New Delhi and flew to Jeddah from all

> throughout India. There was absolutely no paperwork, no FAA, no BS

> and for

> 6 weeks we just moved Hadji's back and forth to Saudi Arabia.


> One final note, in October of 1999 I had the honor and extreme

> pleasure

> to get checked out in a Lockheed CF-104D Starfighter. My instructor

> was

> Darryl Greenamyer, the airplane was owned by Mark and Gretchen

> Sherman of

> Phoenix. It was the highlight of my aviation career particularly

> because I

> survived my first and only SFO in a high performance fighter.


> One other thing, some how I managed to get he following type ratings:

> 707/720/727, Convair 240/340/440, DC-3, DC-8, B-26, Gulfstream 1,

> Lockheed

> Constellation, Lear Jet series, HS-125, Lockheed L-1011, Lockheed

> L-18,

> Lockheed P-38, Martin 202/404, B-17, B-25, Grumman TBM and Ford

> Trimotor.

> I also have single and multi engine sea, rotorcraft helicopter and

> gyroplane,

> and lighter than air free balloon. I never got all categories having

> missed

> the Airship. And in case you are interested many, many airmen have

> lots

> more

> type ratings.


> What I did get, that no other airman got was most FAA certificates:

> these

> are

> the ATP, Flight Instructor with airplane single and multi engine,

> instrument,

> rotorcraft helicopter and gyroplane and glider. Flight Navigator,

> Flight

> Engineer,

> Senior Parachute Rigger, Control Tower Operator, A&P, Ground

> Instructor,

> Advanced and Instrument and Aircraft Dispatcher. I have 19,488 hours

> of

> total

> time of which 15,325 hours is in 1,2,3 or 4 engine jet. I took a

> total of

> 181 FAA

> (or designated check airman) check rides and failed 2.


> Of the thousands of times I knowingly violated an FAA regulation I was

> only caught once but never charged or prosecuted.


> The farthest I have ever been off course was 321 miles left over the

> South China Sea in a 707 on New Years day 1977 on a flight from Taipai.

> The deviation was not caught by Hong Kong, Manila or Singapore radar

> and I

> penetrated six zero to unlimited restricted areas west of the

> Philippines.

> I landed in Singapore 7 minutes late without further incident.


> How, you ask, did I get so far off course? The short answer is I was

> napping at the controls. I have flown just about everywhere except

> Russia,

> China, Mongolia, Korea, Antarctica, Australia or New Zealand. I am a

> senior

> vice-commander of the American Legion Post No.1 Shanghai, China

> (Generals

> Ward, Chennault and Helseth) (operating in exile) and a 21 year

> member of

> the Special Operations Association.


> Now some of you may be asking why so many airlines collapsed that I

> worked for and why I got fired so many times. My excuse is simple. I

> am

> not the brightest crayon in the box, I am extremely lazy, I have a

> smart

> mouth

> and a real poor f*cking attitude


Jun 24, 2003
Total Time
T-Gates said:
With stories like that? Nahhhhhhhhhh......;)
I have my doubts about the first story, but this stuff I BELIEVE!!!!


The sun does not revolve around the earth.

The United States government has been in business with little gray extraterrestrials for about 20 years. The first truth stated here got Giordano Bruno burned at the stake in 1600 for daring to propose that it was real. The second truth has gotten far more people killed trying to state it publicly than will ever be known.

But the truth must be told. The fact that the earth revolves around the sun was successfully suppressed by the church for over 200 years. It eventually caused major upheaval in the church, government and thought - a realignment of social and traditional values. That was in the 1800's.

Now about 400 years after the first truth was pronounced we must again face the shocking facts. The "horrible truth" the government has been hiding from us over 40 years. Unfortunately the "horrible truth" is far more horrible than the government ever imagined.

In its effort to protect democracy, our government sold us to the aliens. And here is how it happened. But before I begin I'd like to offer a word in the defense of those who bargained us away. They had the best of intentions .

Germany may have recovered a flying saucer in 1939. General James H. Doolittle went to Sweden in 1946 to investigate reports of "ghost rocket" UFO's - 1000's of which had been sighted over a 7 month period.

The "horrible truth" was known by only a very few persons. They were indeed ugly little creatures: shaped like praying mantises and who were more advanced than us by perhaps as much as a billion years. Of the original group that were the first to learn the "horrible truth" several committed suicide - the most prominent of which was Defense Secretary James V. Forrestal who jumped to his death from a 16th story hospltal wlndow. Secretary Forrestal's medical records are sealed to this day.

President Truman qulckly put a lid on the secret and turned the screws so tight that the general public still thinks that flying saucers are a joke. Have I ever got a surprise for them.

In 1947 President Truman established a group of the 12 top military and scientific personnel of their time . They were known as MJ-12 . Although the group exists today, none of the original members are still alive. The last one to die was Gordon Gray, former Secretary of the Army, in l984. As each member passed away, the group itself appointed a new member to fill the position. There is some speculation that the group known as MJ-12 expanded to at least several more members.

There were several more saucer crashes in the late 1940's: one in Roswell, New Mexico; one in Aztec, New Mexico; and one near Loredo, Texas, about 30 miles inside the Mexican border.

Consider if you will the position of the United States government at that time. They proudly thought of themselves as the most powerful nation on earth having recently produced the atomic bomb, an achievement so stupendous that it would take Russians 4 years to catch up and only with the help of traitors to democracy. They had built a jet aircraft that had exceeded the speed of sound in flight. They had built jet bombers with intercontinental range that could carry weapons of enormous destruction. The cold war had brought economic prosperity and the future seemed bright. Now imagine what it was like for those same leaders, all of whom had witnessed the panic of Orson Wells' radio broadcast, "The War of the Worlds," in 1938. Thousands of Americans panicked at a realistically presented invasion of earth of beings from another planet. Imagine their horror as they actually viewed the dead bodies of those frightening looking little creatures with enormous eyes, reptilian skin and claw-like fingers. Imagine their shock as they attempted to determine how these strange saucers were powered and could discover no part even remotely similar to components they were familiar - with no cylinders or pistons, no vacuum tubes or turbines. The stories are legendary of transporting crashed saucers over long distances, moving only at night, purchasing complete farms, slashing through forests, blocking major highways, sometimes driving 2 and 3 lo-boys in tandem with an extraterrestrial load a hundred feet in diameter.

On April 25, 1964, the first official communication between these aliens and the U. S. Government took place at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Three saucers landed at a pre-arranged area, and a meeting was held between the aliens and intelligence officers of the U. S. Government.

During the late 60's or early 70's, MJ-12 representing the U. S. Government made a deal with those creatures called EBE's (extra-terrestrial biological entities, named by Detlev Bronk,origlnal MJ-12 member and 6th president of Johns Hopklns University). The "deal" was that in exchange for "technology" that they would provide to us we agreed to "ignore" the abductions that were going on and suppress information on the cattle mutilations. The EBE's assured MJ-12 that the abductions (usually lasting about 2 hours) were merely the ongoing monitoring of developing civilizations.

In fact, the purposes for the abductions turned out to be:

Insertion of a 3 mm spherical device through the nasal cavity of the abductee into the brain. The device is used for the biological monitoring, tracking and control of the abductee.

Implementation of a post hypnotic suggestion to carry out a specific activity during a specific time period, the actuation of which will occur within the next 2 to 5 years.

Termination of some people so that they could function as living sources for biological material and substances.

Termination of individuals who represent a threat to the continuation of their activity. Effect genetic engineering experiments.

Impregnation of human females and early termination of pregnancies to procure the crossbred infant.

The U. S. Government was not aware of the far reaching consequences of their deal. They were lead to believe that the abductions were essentially benign, and since they figured the abductions would probably go on anyway whether or not they agreed, they merely insisted that a current list of abductees be submitted, on a periodic basis to MJ-12 and the National Security Council. Does this sound incredible? An actual list of abductions to the National Security Council? Read on, because I have news for you.

The EBE's have a genetic disorder in that their digestive system is atrophied and not functional. Some speculate that they were involved in some type of accident or nuclear war, or possibly on the back side of an evolutionary genetic curve. In order to sustain themselves, they use an enzyme or hormonal secretion obtained from the tissue that they extract from humans and animals. (Note: cows and humans are genetically similar. In the event of a national disaster cow hemoglobin can be used by humans.)


Skirts Will Rise
Jan 17, 2002
Total Time
Didn't sound too far fetched until he got to 1980, umm yeah right.