• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Free Market in the Sky...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is a blatant acknowledged micro economist. He fails to ponder one shred of macro, like the job loses, loss of income and taxes and loss of technology to other countries in his fantasy dream.

Really? Like where?
You have Hawaiian and (possibly/probably) USAir, with Delta likely gearing up to START interviewing late next year.

What's interesting is that if you got stuck at your Regional or shut out with the furloughs the last decade or so and are close to, or over 50 years old, you'd be better off taking an ex-pat CA job in an NG or 75/76 and turning it into a 747/777 CA slot 5 years later with the way it's going overseas than starting at the bottom of a Legacy carrier.

The math just doesn't work out. Yes, there's more than just money to life (believer me, I know, I'm about to trade a LOT of seniority for money when I get pushed over the partition in the next year or so), but if your kids are grown and in college and you want to see the world, those jobs can be pretty sweet, not to mention the tax advantages.

Just sayin', the U.S. job market already sucks unless you're under 30 and can enjoy the coming movement in lists. Some people may not want to come back and start over at the bottom of the F/O list for the last 10-15 years of their career, hoping to make CA for the last 3-5 years they can fly.

And oh yeah, for the OP, might want to read the forum to see there is already an active thread on this very same article before you post.

Latest resources

Back