A Few Questions for Jet Blue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjt40

I had a few questions about quality of life at Jet Blue during the first few years there , and general movement in seniority , as well as upgrade times.

1. How long would you anticipate reserve to be in JFK, BOS on either plane?

2. Once off reserve how many days off would you get , and would this improve or stay the same.

3. Do you have 1,2,3,and 4 day trips and what does an average 4 day pay in hours?

4. How are the current upgrade times and will this slow up ?

5. What are the growth plans , how many more Airbus deliveries , EMB deliveries, and how many pilots will they top out at?

FYI - Here is what I PMed the dude.

If you are no ******************** interested, I'll gladly answer more. But I usually don't post publically on FI due to the kool aid drinking, cabin cleaning, non union tangents most B6 posts dissolve into.

My guesses to your questions

I hope I am not the first person to respond to you. I'm a 2nd year 190 FO. Answers (guesses) below....

1. How long would you anticipate reserve to be in JFK, BOS on either plane? I was on reserve 6 months in JFK. My buddy, hired six months later, was on reserve 1 month in JFK. BOS, I dunno? Answer: it varies.

2. Once off reserve how many days off would you get , and would this improve or stay the same. On reserve you are guaranteed 12 off. On reserve you can usually get that up to 13 or 14 relatively easily. Lines vary significantly. Some junior line holders have 15/16 days off. Some senior line holders have 12/13 off. Again the answer is it varies. JetBlues bidding provides quite a bit of flexibilty in scheduling for you to generate a line you can tolerate.

3. Do you have 1,2,3,and 4 day trips and what does an average 4 day pay in hours? Yes to all 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 day trips. I have done 6 hour 2 days and 12 hour 2 days. Typically, I bid 15 hr three days. Four day trips on the E190 vary from 16 to 25 hours.

4. How are the current upgrade times and will this slow up ? June 2007 upgrade class was hired 2/2006. I would expect a new hire to sit left seat for two years. But again that is a guess. We were supposed to get 18 E190/year and we are getting 10. Attrition, deliveries, switching aircraft, etc are all going to be changing a lot over the next few years.

5. What are the growth plans , how many more Airbus deliveries , EMB deliveries, and how many pilots will they top out at? JetBlue would like to have 200 of each plane for 400 or more total aircraft. Staffing is about 7 pilots per seat.

Again these are only my opinions from my perspective.

hey MEK...are you ASA alumni? I see CL65 and the 120. I'm in 190 initial.

Latest resources

Back