A few questions about NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SF3409E

I have done a lot of researching about the frax and found some really good info. on this board. I have a few more questions that have probably been answered, but I have overlooked them.

I am currently a CRJ FO for a regional airline. I have also been a Saab 340 captain. I have approx. 3000 TT with over 1000 turbine, and a little over 200 jet. Is that competitive now?

How many legs per day do you average at NetJets?

What is the average first year pay including perdiem, overtime, etc?

In the past I heard at NetJets that if someone junior upgrades, the senoir folks that didn't upgrade get the pay raise. Does that still happen? And also, what is the minimum time to upgrade (flight time wise)?

What equipment do folks usually start in? Do they still hold you in the same equipment for two years?

Are most of the pilots happy?

And how long does it take to hold 7/7 schedule?
Thanks for your previous info, and thanks in advance for answering these questions!~

SF3409E said:
I have done a lot of researching about the frax and found some really good info. on this board. I have a few more questions that have probably been answered, but I have overlooked them.

I am currently a CRJ FO for a regional airline. I have also been a Saab 340 captain. I have approx. 3000 TT with over 1000 turbine, and a little over 200 jet. Is that competitive now?

You are slightly low end on hours, but I'd say you have a good chance.

How many legs per day do you average at NetJets?

2 to 5 legs, depending on a/c type. Larger a/c = Fewer legs

What is the average first year pay including perdiem, overtime, etc?

I made 35K my first year, excluding per diem. (Some overtime flying.)

In the past I heard at NetJets that if someone junior upgrades, the senoir folks that didn't upgrade get the pay raise. Does that still happen? And also, what is the minimum time to upgrade (flight time wise)?

If a pilot junior to you upgrades, you get PIC pay, it's in the contract.
Equipment locks are 24 months, and often waived if they need pilots in a
specific aircraft.

What equipment do folks usually start in? Do they still hold you in the same equipment for two years?

Experience, needs of the company, and sim availability all factor in.
They try to put guys with more experience in the larger aircraft,
but it doesn't always work that way.

Are most of the pilots happy?

I'd say yes. It's far from perfect, but beats the heck out of commuter
flying in pay and quality of life, as well as equipment.

And how long does it take to hold 7/7 schedule?

Depends on your aircraft. Typically between 6 months to a year for SICs
on the larger fleets. PICs can take 2 years or more on the smaller fleets.

Thanks for your previous info, and thanks in advance for answering these questions!~

Good luck to you. I'd apply now. The line is only getting Lonnnnnger....

Sweptwingz

Re: Re: A few questions about NetJets

sweptwingz said:

Good luck to you. I'd apply now. The line is only getting Lonnnnnger....

Sweptwingz

From the home office in CMH TODAY!
There are 1000 pilots in the NetJets interview pool right now. Only 100 of those 1000 will be selected for interview this year. These are in addition to the people with interviews already scheduled. Applications are still not being sent out due to this backlog.

NJA Capt..

Very interesting info. I was going to send a resume today. So much for that idea.

It appears more pilots are interested in NetJets rather than Flight Options. Is this your perception? The reason I say this, Flight Options is advertising for pilots. Does Flight Options still only have Cleveland as a pilot base? That could be a reason the need pilots.

It's not about Cle

Go ahead and send your resume, what do you have to lose? FO does not require crews to domicile in CLe, they can live wherever they want provided they have decent airline service. Netjets is established as the leader of the Fractionals, they are currently negotiating a contract that should provide good compensation for their pilots. They have established rules that protect crews from the vagaries of eager schedulers and ruthless managers. Finally, the pilots are leaving FO to go to Netjets, not the other way around.

Latest resources

Back