• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

a few Eagle ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't think base assignment is the major issue as to why they're aren't getting pilots. Look at mesa they even wait after training. Unless they find a way to drop their upgrades to at least 3-4 years there is no way they're going to have 700 pilots by the end of the year.

45 CA slots open in next bid at Eagle. Maybe typical at other regionals, but this hasn't happened in a long time at AE. This is just the beginning!

A VACANCY/DISPLACEMENT BID IS OPEN EFF <12 FEB 2007>:
*VACANCIES* *ENTER TRAINING NO LATER THAN*
<03 DFW-FO-CRJ <31 AUG 07
<04 ORD-FO-CRJ <31 AUG 07
<07 DFW-CA-EMJ <31 AUG 07
<05 DFW-FO-EMJ <31 AUG 07
<03 LAX-FO-EMJ <31 AUG 07
<23 ORD-CA EMJ <31 AUG 07
<12 ORD-FO-EMJ <31 AUG 07
<03 MIA-FO-ATR <31 AUG 07
<03 SJU-FO-ATR <31 AUG 07
<14 DFW-CA-SF3 <31 AUG 07
<06 DFW-FO-SF3 <31 AUG 07
<01 LAX-CA-SF3 <31 AUG 07
<02 LAX-FO-SF3 <31 AUG 07

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT THE F#$K I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!! LET'S SEE SOME MORE OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm just afraid next month's vacancy bid will have like 5 upgrades or something ridiculous like that. Hours after AA's recalls were announced a company e-mail promised upgrades and movements, and not long after that a vacancy bid came out with 0 CA upgrades. We'll see........)

I really don't think base assignment is the major issue as to why they're aren't getting pilots. Look at mesa they even wait after training. Unless they find a way to drop their upgrades to at least 3-4 years there is no way they're going to have 700 pilots by the end of the year.

true that... how do they make that happen though? They aren't going to get any more planes right?

true that... how do they make that happen though? They aren't going to get any more planes right?

they can't even staff the planes they have now and you want more?!?!?!

When I was hired in '98, they told me CA in 8 years. It took a year to go to 3-4. Then it took another 6 months to get to 1.5. When it turned around, it turned fast.

They have to replace at a minimun 40/month for flow-backs. That dosen't account for normal attrition.

I know the company is trying to bring another 10 Saabs out of the desert.

no just wondering how it will go from 8 years to 3-4... just attrition?

because there was a big gap in hiring from 01' to 04' will all the 9/11 issues....once the last of the 01' guys upgrade...it will instantly go to the 04' guys, so the upgrade won't be nearly as long for the more recently hired... "hopefully":cartman:

Just our of sheer curiosity, are there any SF3 pilots based out of LAX? I'd like to talk to you if I could and get the skinny as this preferential base hiring tacked with upgrades happening Eagle could be a good place for me.

Latest resources

Back