• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Change at Southwest????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"SWA travelers use the 24 hour check in to get your assigned number early"........

And hope and pray that your flight is not delayed the least bit.... dragging your family through the concourse with the hopes that they have not started the boarding process. Get there 20 minutes prior to departure and you are at the mercy of other travelers to have your family together.

Best darn buggy whip makers around.... unfortunately not many horse and buggies on the street.... time to evolve.

It still sucks that I can't get an assigned seat, or even an assurance that
I can sit next to my family or traveling companions!
Even with assigned seats if you book after most of the seats are sold, or if there is a change in equipment, there is no assurance that you can sit next to your family or traveling companion.

Wait until we start Puerto Rico and the DR with open seating...to quote Terrell Owens...grab some popcorn and watch the show! I bet within the first month we will have a fight on board (I've flown there a lot). Also delta and American have quicker turn times on their md80s with assigned seating. I believe deltas turn time is 40 minutes at out stations and they hold 160 people. We should go to assigned seating and hire more customer service and just maybe we will be on time once.

I love SWA as much as the next guy. But I swear I watched a fist fight between two PAX on my last flight w u. It was good though. Kind of like a hockey game.

It still sucks that I can't get an assigned seat, or even an assurance that
I can sit next to my family or traveling companions!

if you are on the ball like many SWA travelers use the 24 hour check in to get your assigned number early and then you should get to sit all together, if you wait until you're at the airport then it is a crap shoot.

This is actually the brilliance in it.... if Dublinflyer doesn't get the seat he wants on Delta, it's Delta's fault.... if he doesn't on SWA, he assigns the blame to himself for not checking in 24 hours ahead or getting to the airport 4 hours before takeoff.

SWA sets the expectation low, so they can exceed them, who can complain about food on the SWA flights? Crappy entertainment choices on a cross country SWA flight, you should have brought your own movies.

Capn Butthead said:
...to quote Terrell Owens...grab some popcorn and watch the show!

Evidently SWA must still be a cheaper option as Terrell was on my DAL-ABQ flight last Thurs. He continued at least to OAK so not sure if he was commuting to a job at Weinerschnitzel or not.

I never fly Delta if I can avoid it, I am committed to SWA and love it (A member and always get "A16" unless I pay for business select)

Wait until we start Puerto Rico and the DR with open seating. We should go to assigned seating and hire more customer service and just maybe we will be on time once.

Why would you need to hire more customer service people for assigned seating on Southwest ? You already have more customer service at the gate than an equivalent AirTran flight with assigned seating.

The D.R. is an international flight (believe it or not). You need assigned seating to do it. SJU is only considered international in the G.O. in Dallas.

We need more ramp people because the G.O still refuses to think we are hub and spoke...oh I'm sorry we are ICO...you fly through Denver or Bwi???? Waiting 20 minutes for 1 bag? I worked the ramp before and we couldn't do connections on time to save our lives...

As for "assigned seating" on international...you are mostly correct. You have to have positive boarding pass numbers with a passenger on the manifest. We (from what I've seen so far) will do that by having the pax listed with their appropriate boarding group and number...ie John Doe A27 will be on the manifest.

Latest resources

Back