A bit frustrated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

THUGLIFE

Im new to the regional airline industry. I dont know much about unions, but it seems to me that the only answer to our probblems is to get one union to represent every airline. We need to get the ticket prices up accrost the board. Its cheper to fly than to drive in some cases....

The unions are not necessarily the solution either. A union representing regionals only might be a better choice than say ALPA, who serves the majors' interest first. Maybe a "mini" ALPA for the regionals. Consumers are one of the driving forces that dictate ticket prices-not the unions.

THUGLIFE said:
Im new to the regional airline industry. I dont know much about unions, but it seems to me that the only answer to our probblems is to get one union to represent every airline. We need to get the ticket prices up accrost the board. Its cheper to fly than to drive in some cases....

When you hear people bitching about their union, remember YOU ARE THE UNION. If you don't like what your union is doing, do something about it. Volunteer to serve on a commitee or just take a little time out of your life to go to the meetings. You might learn something. Your union representitives can only do so much, they need YOUR support.

Yeah Im working on a new career... It seems to me that we can control the ticket prices to an extent If we demand higher wages. But It would only work if we had one union to represent all reginonal airlines. But for now lets work for nothing and maby we can make it cheeper to fly than drive.

Latest resources

Back