Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Heard last night that In-Bev has decided to close the Anheuser-Busch flight department.

Any confirmation?

I would imagine the family will still operate a department. IMO. TC

Yep, was just at recurrent in TEB and instructor said they were told they have 1 year. Who would have thought.....

So what is the tally now, AB, AT&T (downsized) and BMY. :( Hopefully it works out for all those affected.

Last edited:
Yea right. Flame bait.

Maybe you should check my 'flame bait count'. It's holding at "0". (If you don't count any of my posts directed at General Lee...)

Someone on another site had heard the same thing from a different (inside AB flight dept.) source. 3 to 6 months was that person's estimate.

You work at AB? TC

Last edited:
Yea right. Flame bait.
I fail to see how that is flame bait. Some people want to hide from the truth, and that too bad, because it is what it is.

European companies have an unblemished record of closing (or making significant reductions in) the flight departments of US companies that have been taken over; especially today with the value of the Euro as opposed to the value of the dollar, it just makes sense (on paper) to close the departmental operations here in the US, and operate out of the European base. It's about what is best for the company and its share holders and has nothing to do with whether "Bob" has a job so he can keep feeding his family. They don't care.

If the dollar is weak against the Euro, doesn't make sense to operate you airplanes and pay the pilots with dollars? As for TEB FSI, if you make bets on the rumors you here at the free lunch, you will be a poor man.

Bristol Meyers just shut down their flight department and they are US based, so its not just foreign investors.

I think as new CEO's come in who are comfortable with the technology of today, like conference video, the days of having to be somewhere face to face and handshake are going away, and that will reduce the need for corporate air. On the bright side, the airlines are cutting so many services and TSA is so intrusive and obnoxious, maybe we get some business out of that, although flying a shuttle back and forth to Newark a few times a week doesn't sound very exciting, it is a job.

As for TEB FSI, if you make bets on the rumors you here at the free lunch, you will be a poor man.

I'm not a betting man, been in this industry too long. That was only one of many sources that was circulating the "rumor". Supposedly he was told directly from a pilot at AB.

So what is the real story?

If the dollar is weak against the Euro, doesn't make sense to operate you airplanes and pay the pilots with dollars? As for TEB FSI, if you make bets on the rumors you here at the free lunch, you will be a poor man.

Bristol Meyers just shut down their flight department and they are US based, so its not just foreign investors.
You are missing the point. It's an econimic principle: The value of money. It is more expensive to operate the aircraft using the dollar than it would be using the Euro.
As for Bristol Meyers, I understand that domestic operators are shutting their doors as well. If you go back and look, my comments addressed only European companies taking over/buying US companies then shutting down the US flight departments. It said nothing about US flight departments closing thier door on their own.

If the dollar is weak against the Euro, doesn't make sense to operate you airplanes and pay the pilots with dollars?

Hmmmmm. are you missing the word "IT" in your post right after doesn't?

Good luck to all the AB guys. Alot of Europen companies may not fully grasp how large this country is, and how difficult it is to get around on the airlines nowadays. I wouldn't pull the plug on these guys just yet. Does anyone know if Inbev has a corporate flight department?

No, InBev does not have a FD. I was TC's source on another thread. I have a good friend that works there. No exact timeline yet, but they are going.

Latest resources

Back