• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

A-300 or DC-10?

fartknocker

Pitot Heat Operator
Total Time
I have heard that FedEx may use either the A-300 or DC-10 sim to evaluate pilot candidates during interviews. Does anyone know if a person would be able to find out ahead of time which sim they will be in?

Last edited:

Goose17

Total Time
0+
no

Even if they told you that the Airbus sim would be used, a simple sim breakdown will shift you to the other one.

I interviewed in the Airbus, but guys fly either. From what I have heard, if you prep in one and fly the other, they are not that different. The prep is still quite valuable.

Good luck.

Goose17

Purple Haze

Out there and lovin' it
Total Time
>6000
Goose17 said:
...a simple sim breakdown will shift you to the other one.
I agree. I'm told the DC-10 sim is harder to fly well than the Airbus sim. I can tell you the bus sim flew like a dream for me. If you are ready for the 10, an unexpected switch to the bus should be a non-event for you. Good luck.