• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E t a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not directly disagreeing with you but if so why did they release Amerijet a week to the day prior to us getting this TA?

Amerijet has some of the worst pay and workrules out there...They would have been released with a Dem. or Rep. on the WH...Bush 1 released Eastern, and Bush 2 released Mesaba....There is far more to it then whether or not there is a Democrat or a Republican in the WH.

So you're telling me that the only thing on the table since the Democratic NMB took over was dual qual?

No, I'm telling you that the only thing in dispute at the end was dual qual. They settled on pay shortly after the NMB was confirmed. Just as they finished that (thinking they had a TA), the company threw dual qual on the table at the last minute. Obviously bad form, but it was a small issue. That was the last remaining item, and that's what some of these guys think they could have gotten released over. Sorry, doesn't work that way. If you wanted a release instead of a TA, then you shouldn't have TA'd the pay rate tables.

Look at the Amerijet pay and workrules...That is a slamdunk...Even Bush would have release them....Remember, Bush released Mesaba. Bush 1 released Eastern.

Shrub never would have released them. You're living in a dream world, Joey. It would have been a few more years of bad faith bargaining on management's part with no intervention by the NMB.

As far as Mesaba, the company did some things at the table that were so far out of protocols for good faith bargaining that the NMB had no choice in the matter. They didn't want to give a release, but the company got too cocky. At EAL, you're right that Shrub 1 released them, but as much of a nightmare as Shrub 1 was, he still allowed the NMB to manage the process relatively close to the intent of the Act. Shrub 2 refused to do that from the very beginning.

Bush 2 released Mesaba

Both ALPA and Mesaba management requested a proffer of arbitration from the NMB prior to them being released. The NMB cannot refuse a joint request.

We were just about to get released when one of our own got nervous and plugged the plug. Simply the best.
No you weren't, who ever told you that is full of it. Even PFT_128, the ALPO Cheerleader agrees you weren't getting released.

I think its going to be a close vote, but it will not pass. 98% of what I've been hearing in the crew room and reading on the company msg board has been very negative. Granted the company msg board is the same vocal minority of guys, but the crew room has been alive with discussion the past week or so. My guess, 52-48% for a NO vote.
People talk the tough talk in the crew room, but when it comes down to their vote, they're going to think of themselves, the signing bonus and not give a rats azz about you and your family. They're going to do whats best for them.
You know how many people I have talked to that never voted for Obama? But it sure is amazing how he was elected if no one voted for him.
This will pass.

Amerijet has some of the worst pay and workrules out there...They would have been released with a Dem. or Rep. on the WH...Bush 1 released Eastern, and Bush 2 released Mesaba....There is far more to it then whether or not there is a Democrat or a Republican in the WH.

How come the biggest knuckle dragging tool bags on here are GWB supporters? Kinda makes you go HMMMMMMM. What else makes me go HMMMMMM..... is that the AirTran break room has FOX news on TV 97% of the time even with all sorts of other cool channels to watch. I once tried to change it to the History channel and some dork told me to turn it back to his FOX news. Maybe that is why we haven't had a contract in 5 years?

How come the biggest knuckle dragging tool bags on here are GWB supporters? Kinda makes you go HMMMMMMM. What else makes me go HMMMMMM..... is that the AirTran break room has FOX news on TV 97% of the time even with all sorts of other cool channels to watch. I once tried to change it to the History channel and some dork told me to turn it back to his FOX news. Maybe that is why we haven't had a contract in 5 years?

You make a very interesting point my friend...while we work in an industry that is so heavily directed and influnced by unions and labor friendly concepts, which are obviously of the more liberal denomination, we are at the same time surrounded by a large majority of convervative people who tend to lean waaaaay to the right of center (myself included)....airline pilots as a stereotype are self sufficient hard working disciplined group, who take care of theyre own and tend to think "inside the box" both socially and fiscally..why? I have no idea...this is just what I see on a daily basis, even on the executive level at the labor associations...this concept definatley contradicts the fundamental morals of what the unions stand for..none the less...its out there...I guess this could be made into a completley different thread though....good point none the less...

I have noticed that as well, but you can't fix stupid.

I'm pretty sure the TV in the ASA lounge is hard wired to Fox News. I feel dumber every time I watch that crap....and I tend to lean towards a Republican point of view. There's only so far you can stretch "facts" before you start to sound pretty stupid. Some of the associations and leaps of logic they make are pretty ridiculous!

I'm pretty sure the TV in the ASA lounge is hard wired to Fox News. I feel dumber every time I watch that crap....and I tend to lean towards a Republican point of view. There's only so far you can stretch "facts" before you start to sound pretty stupid. Some of the associations and leaps of logic they make are pretty ridiculous!

I feel the same way about the likes of the Communist News Network...CNN.. msnbc and all the other "kenyan" loving news.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back