91 Subpart F

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

smails

The title says"large and TURBINE powered multiengine airplanes...",but in the applicability section it says this subpart applies to..."TURBOJET powered multiengine civil airplanes..."so
1) why the difference?
2) If I read this correct, this subpart does not apply to B-200 aircraft.

The title says"large and TURBINE powered multiengine airplanes...",but in the applicability section it says this subpart applies to..."TURBOJET powered multiengine civil airplanes..."so
1) why the difference?
2) If I read this correct, this subpart does not apply to B-200 aircraft.

You are correct in your assumption, the B-200 is neither large or turbojet powered. Now a B-350 is another story though.
Maintenance would be covered under 91.409 as this is applicable to turbine powered aircraft.
It would be applicable to a CE-500 as it is turbojet powered, and a CV-560 as it is a large aircraft.

ERJ, did you think the FAR's would reference any, or all, holders of waivers?
What was the purpose of your post? My post was to pass along information, familiar to me, that could be useful to the original poster.
Smails, check with NBAA. They have a waiver for members to operate any aircraft under 91 (F).

HEADWIND

ERJ, did you think the FAR's would reference any, or all, holders of waivers?
What was the purpose of your post? My post was to pass along information, familiar to me, that could be useful to the original poster.
Smails, check with NBAA. They have a waiver for members to operate any aircraft under 91 (F).

HEADWIND

Did you read the first post? He asked if a BE200 was a large turbojet powered aircraft. It is not due to the fact that its not over 12,500 lbs MTOW, and its not turbojet powered.
What kind of waiver is he asking for, pray tell?

I should have been more specific. I know that a B-200 is not a large aircraft, but it is a Turbine powered multiengine airplane(as in the title of subpart F) The applicability section no longer says turbine powered, they change it to turboJET powered. That difference or change is where I have the question. Thanks for the NBAA ref. I have seen that. My experience is 135/121 so I am new to the 91 gig and want to make sure I have the correct understanding.

Latest resources

Back