• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

91 or 135 work in Asheville, NC area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh oh, this is going to turn into a bbq debate!

I grew up in the southwest with more texas style, then moved to NC with the vinegar based sauce and smoked meat. They are VERY different but both rock. In my perfect world I would eat NC pit smoked pulled pork with some texas or memphis style sauce on it. -kingaira90

OK

I grew up in North Carolina. We have the WORLD FAMOUS Lexington BBQ. World accepted and renowned to be the best. The Lexington BBG festival held yearly has an attendance of about twenty thousand from across the US and some other countries. The sauce in texas; well you might as well just pour on catsup.

Lowes is now moving its operation to Huntersville. This is just north of Charlotte on Lake Norman. The entire operation was due to be there moved from North Wilkesboro sometime late this year. They have a pretty large fleet. If it hasn't changed they had a bunch of Bravos and maybe two or three Falcon 50's. I left the Company a while back so don't quote me on the acft.
Their requirements were 3,000tt 1000PIC turbine and a type for the bravo/ultra cessnas. They have no F/O fly with two captains. The company is great with excellent retirement. Go to lowes.com career section for job listing if they have any openings.

I think the acft are stationed in the region they serve so I don't know about bases. Lowes is fortune 100 and is in all fifty states so there are possibilities to get stationed all over. I am sure their home base will probably be Charlotte when their corporate relo is complete. Very good company if you have the hours and the type. Sorry I do not know the pay for pilots I was in management at a store so I didn't have a chance to talk to a pilot about qol and pay. Probably on par with other corporate jobs though because turnover was low. In six years with the company I saw a pilot posting once. (on the company intranet site)

Good luck.

Just an edit it is Statesville. I was reading some correspondance from when I was considering a job at corporate and saw it is Statesville and Huntersville was a nice place to live close by.

Last edited:
Yellow Snow said:
OK

I grew up in North Carolina. We have the WORLD FAMOUS Lexington BBQ. World accepted and renowned to be the best. The Lexington BBG festival held yearly has an attendance of about twenty thousand from across the US and some other countries. The sauce in texas; well you might as well just pour on catsup.

Lived in Winston-Salem for 8 years. Went to the Lexington BBQ festival many times. I'd vouch for Lexington having the BEST!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back