• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

91 or 135 work in Asheville, NC area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
isn't lowes based in Winston Salem? If so that is about 2 hrs from Asheville, by car. I guess that is close in the grand scheme of things. Although Ashville has a character all it's own, different than the rest of NC.-kingaira90

Actually the home base for Lowes is North Wilkesboro. I think the airplanes might be based in Statesville...cant remember but I did apply for a corperate job. There is/was a 135 charter company in Asheville by the name of Diamond Ridge Jet Charter. I interviewd there back in '98. Strange couple of guys that won/run the place. They used to own a Coca-cola bottling plant and sold it to get into avation. Back then they had a G-II and a Hawker 800. They wanted me to get an aprtment in town even though I would be on the road for the majority of the month. They also wanted a 1 year traing contract. One of their claims to fame was they flew around a few celebs that had houses in the Asheville area. I did not feel comfortable about the operation and we really did not see eye to eye. About a year after I interviewed I saw the sam job opening again.

I am not sure if this company is still around but at least you know a little more now.

Have you tried checking the "Air Charter Guide" for 135 charter companies?

p3hawk said:
What would you know about BBQ , Dude

Grew up in Houston, TX, eating weekly at world famous places like, Otto's BBQ, Goode Company. I then went on to work at The World Class Stubb's BBQ in Austin for Two Semesters, as a cook. I think that qualifies me to comment on NC BBQ. ;).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back