Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USCtrojan

KolobWestwind
Take this with a grain of salt. Was just told Skywest could not certify the 900 for revenue service because the FAA has a minimum requirement to evacuate the aircraft. Skywest could not meet that minimum and subsequently the FAA is giving Skywest 6 months to achieve it. I've been told this by numerous people, however, have seen nothing in writing. Anyone?

Trojan

wait, airbus can evacuate an A380, but Sky West can't get it together to empty out a -900 with less seats than normal? gotta be a rumor

Already certified...nice try though...

USCtrojan said:
Take this with a grain of salt. Was just told Skywest could not certify the 900 for revenue service because the FAA has a minimum requirement to evacuate the aircraft. Skywest could not meet that minimum and subsequently the FAA is giving Skywest 6 months to achieve it. I've been told this by numerous people, however, have seen nothing in writing. Anyone?

Trojan
You really think SkyWest couldn't evac 70 people out of the -900 when they can get 70 out of the -700 and the -900 has 2 more exits? Nice try

viper548 said:
You really think SkyWest couldn't evac 70 people out of the -900 when they can get 70 out of the -700 and the -900 has 2 more exits? Nice try

LMAO, you guys kill me. I post something showing/telling you I have nothing in writing, just substantial rumor. I'm not trying to attack/spew/stir the pot. I threw it out there to see if anyone has anything in writing. If I hurt your feelings, then I am sorry.

Trojan

Skaff said:
How was that substantial. Who told you, that made it so substantial?

What's the definition of how in your substantial?

Trojan

Initially, they failed the test...then they went back and redid it. It's certified and ready to fly now. That could explain the rumor.

"SkyWest is pleased to announce that the FAA certification is complete"............"and the CRJ900 will play a significant role in our flying and future growth opportunities for SkyWest."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back