• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

900's in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, they're (SKW) used to a pretty smooth operation out there in SLC. I remember watching in amazement when a ramper actually ran over to park us as we approached the gate...back in the good-ol' days when we did the HLN and SBA runs out of SLC. I can't imagine how you ASA folks put up with that craap in ATL on a daily basis. Is there company-sponsored therepy for you guys??

How dare you insult our operation in ATL! The ramps are efficient as ex-lax through a Goose! Like clock work we taxi on the ramp, proceed through 4 screening/processing/transistion/final sorting gates, then are placed in temporary holding for final clearance to the gate. It is a well-oiled machine that takes about 45-60 minutes depending on the new de-peaking procedures in place. Take this X 2 daily, X 4 day trips, X 4 trips/month = 24 - 32 hours/month of overblock. How's that for some company therapy? Now they want to take this golden goose from us! It works as advertised now without any help from those genius' at the GO. I say if you are going to recycle Delta tossoffs, bring back Drew! He really knew how trim the fat on the ramp!

Dick

how does ATL compare to ORD? I know that ORD has gotten way better, but do any of you remember how things used to be in the F alley? it was ridiculous on a daily basis.

anyone with experience in ATL and ORD that can compare the two? I've heard lots of comments about how bad it is, but having only been there a few times a couple of years ago in the United gates I don't think I saw what folks mean.

I have never been to ORD, so I cannot compare the two. You said you have only been "there" a couple of times on the United side. If you are referring to ATL, it's not a fair comparison most likely. If anybody wants to see what the ASA pilots constantly deal with, you'll have to park on the C and D Concourses. Luckily for the CHQ/REP guys, they are fortunate to be parked on B Concourse now which is run by Delta, not ASA. Although I am sure those guys can tell you the difference between a Delta run gate and an ASA run one.

AS far as a new guy to run the ramp, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully he can get the job done.

haha! well that will change when we get the 190s for delta.

Are you really THAT stupid? I mean, you must enjoy flying a regional jet. I know....SJS! If that were to happen, you will NEVER fly anything bigger! You are an IDIOT if THAT is your goal. Jack@ss!!!

Latest resources

Back