900EX and 900B Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Johnson

We've fried a couple of ADC's due to rain. We are 91 and use FSI and a modified FSI checklist. It calls for the pilot's side window open prior to engine starts and closed after. I know the reason for this, but wonder if any operators have had the water/adc problem or have addressed the checklist for weather, etc. Thanks in advance.

curious minds want to know why you have to open a window to start this Falcon?

If I recall, the outflow valves are closed till things are up and running. Opening the window keeps the pressure bump at bay during start.

If I recall, the outflow valves are closed till things are up and running. Opening the window keeps the pressure bump at bay during start.

Here is what we do. Keep dv window closed, prior to closing cabin door, shut off apu air. No pressure bump. I know what Honeywell recommends as far as shutting apu off loaded...we have seen no problems with the our apu's.

Yep, that'll work...packs off, door closed, engine start.

It's all about stopping airflow. I never opened that DV window in bad weather. I was too fond of the stuff underneath it!

We normally open the window when we close the door and leave it open until we shut down the APU. If it's raining heavily I'll just close it and accept the bump. We had a problem last year that was caused by water leaking around the DV window when it was closed. This was compounded by the drain at the back of the window track being plugged. It caused several electrical problems. We didn't know what was causing it because it didn't leak when the airplane was pressurized. It spent most of it's non-flying time in the hangar. I found the leak when we parked outside at Midway and it was raining. I saw the water leaking around the window and overflowing the track. I would have your maintenance people make sure that the drain is open. It is a small hole at the aft end of the DV window track.

Pat

Wasn't this the same problem the French had with their submarines?

:p

Latest resources

Back