• Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyUnited said:
Want to stop the drunks? Simple. Don't cut them off because it pisses them off and makes them go looney. Simply rub whatever alcohol they are drinking around the rim of the glass.....then just fill the glass with the mix. They are alreay drunk, so they'll never notice the difference.

Not always that simple. Besides that practice being prohibited per our F/A manual, the denial of the drink is usually not the main source of the problem. Its the loud, lewd, profane language, threats to myself, other crew and pax and the other behavior that goes along with the intoxication. See blkav8tor2003's thread about the guy taking a leak in the aisle and smoking (of which I've had a similar incident, by the way). I've seen your "technique" tried before, and believe me, it doesn't work. Even a drunk knows when a drink is weak (plus, you can't do this with a can of beer).

Why don't we try this? Let's agree to try to keep them off the airplane in the first place. And if we happen to miss one sometimes, don't argue with me on the interphone about returning to the gate. Let's back each other up on this. If all this fails, let's see the FAA get serious about prosecuting disruptive pax and not leaving it in my hands to "press charges for assault with the local authorities on your own time and dollar."

Fly Safe

Last edited:
lowlycfi, well said! you hit the nails on the head.

as for my 9/11 jitters, dont misunderstand me people. I dont get all discombobulated when they appear on board...its more like butterflys in my stomach. ya know the feeling. it passes. like i said, jitters. mild little feelings of forboding.

they pass though. but i keep my antennae up all thru the flight !! hahaaa

i get a little nervous when i see muslims and arabs on the plane. but then i remember that these were muslim radicals who caused sept11th.

not all muslims are radical. so i get on with my work and forget about it.

i think that these crazies know they wont get away with it again. we arent going to be like lambs led to slaughter like before. so dont worry.

Latest resources

Back