8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, DC-8s are very cool.

does this sound like philly to anyone else?

Took the words right out my....thought. Those guys suck.

Land on 35, right on the numbers to make the first turnoff, and they still make you taxi all the way north then back to the gate.

I guess that will teach us prop drivers.

I've always liked the Dash 8 for some reason. There is a pretty neat show on Nat Geo Explorer about flying the Dash in the Congo landing on some crazy runways

Took the words right out my....thought. Those guys suck.

Land on 35, right on the numbers to make the first turnoff, and they still make you taxi all the way north then back to the gate.

I guess that will teach us prop drivers.

My first time into PHL was in the 145 and I swear I was down and off by G. Most awesome approach I have ever done in MAH LIFE!

DCA Controllers were the best! They knew what the plane could do and used it to their advantage to make the system work better.

I miss all those flights into DCA.

I've always liked the Dash 8 for some reason. There is a pretty neat show on Nat Geo Explorer about flying the Dash in the Congo landing on some crazy runways

I saw that show. Flying around with a ponytail and no tie, landing on steets and dirt runways. I am not sure they are running the dash there anymore though. I saw DAC aviation had both of their dash's for sale.

DCA Controllers were the best! They knew what the plane could do and used it to their advantage to make the system work better.

I miss all those flights into DCA.

Oh yeah...

Space shuttle approach to 15, 6000 abeam the numbers. Over the Pentagon dropping like a manhole cover with flaps 35. Just clear the blast fence, touch down just past the numbers.

"Piedmont can you hold short of 19?"

No problem!

All of this with a "real" airplane on short final to 19.

Good times!

Latest resources

Back