Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

Hello,

I am filling out my 8710 for my commercial certificate. My question is, how do my times look? Do they "look" like they make sense?

total=274.4
Instruction Recvd= 100.5
solo=20.0
PIC=199.0
X-country Instruction recvd=18.8
X-country solo=10.3
X-country pic=71.7
Instrument=49.4
Night instruction recvd=12.4
night pic=57.1
I have 10 hours of mutli time but I am not rated, Just dual.

I was told by someone that certain columns should add up to total time. I am confused by this. Mine does not. Thanks for the help!!

PIC+Non PIC Dual (before you got your private)+solo should equal total time.

gkrangers said:
solo is PIC.

Most logbooks separate Solo time from PIC time. And while technically correct, PIC is actually when you are rated in the aircraft. PIC time does not need an endorsement for each flight as solo time does.

atrdriver said:
Most logbooks separate Solo time from PIC time. And while technically correct, PIC is actually when you are rated in the aircraft. PIC time does not need an endorsement for each flight as solo time does.

Granted, I haven't been a CFI in a LONG time, but you don't need to endorse each flight for solo students do you? Isn't there a 90 day endorsement? I mean they can come in and do touch and goes in the pattern without a specific endorsement can't they? I thought they needed specific endorsements for cross country flights. I'm sure the regs have changed since my signature was in anybody's logbook, though.

Singlecoil said:
Granted, I haven't been a CFI in a LONG time, but you don't need to endorse each flight for solo students do you? Isn't there a 90 day endorsement? I mean they can come in and do touch and goes in the pattern without a specific endorsement can't they? I thought they needed specific endorsements for cross country flights. I'm sure the regs have changed since my signature was in anybody's logbook, though.

Last I heard that was correct.

Solo time as a Student Pilot should be logged as PIC, provided the following...

61.51 (e) Logging pilot-in-command flight time. (4) A student pilot may log pilot-in-command time only when the student pilot—

(i) Is the sole occupant of the aircraft or is performing the duties of pilot of command of an airship requiring more than one pilot flight crewmember;

(ii) Has a current solo flight endorsement as required under §61.87 of this part; and

(iii) Is undergoing training for a pilot certificate or rating.

-mini

Mine never made since, I just put the minimum hours in each space and then my current total time.

That's part of being a commercial pilot--making the blocks on a paper app add up. If you can't jigger the numbers to make that happen, you can kiss a career in professional aviation goodbye... ;) :D TC

Latest resources

Back