Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

momo798

HI All,
I did a search and can't really find what I am looking for. What exactly is the difference between a Hawker 800a vs. a Hawker 800xp besides the added thrust and maybe the small amount of baggage space added due to different(smaller) avionics computers. Thanks so much!

A bit more power and a different wing. I like the straight 800 over the xp in a strong or gusting crosswind, have run out of rudder in the xp but never seemed to in the 800. I think the xp has the Hawker1000 wing.

It depends on the 800XP we're talking about. If it's a later one you're going to get Collins ProLine Avionics which are a huge improvement. Earlier 800XP's have the same Honeywell stuff the later 800A's had. So if you're comparing a late 800A to to an earlier 800XP, not at all different other than the slightly improved performance due to the upgraded engines. Even then I never noticed any real improvement until you got really hot/high. Someone will surely correct me but I don't really remember much difference in the spaghetti charts until you got above about 3500-4000' elevation.

The 800XP wing is the wing from the Hawker 1000... You'll notice the vortilon under the wing on the XP and the wing fence on the 800A's and earlier...

The XP's have thrust reversers. They are an option on the 800a's. The 800a I fly does not have them. The XP has a bit more range I think. XP also has a better air conditioning system as far as the cockpit is concerned. The XP is a newer aircraft.

Yes there are better ACM's in the XP's and the 800A's have the Solar APU that are on the ground only and the XP's have the Garrett APU which can be used in flight. TR's were an option until the XP came along. With the lift/dump the TR's really aren't that effective anyway on either model.

The only reason the Solar APU wasn't certified for use in flight was because it has no containment box around it in the hell hole..

Latest resources

Back