• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

800 WX BRIEF problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just the fact that you have to register to complain means that they truly don't want to hear it.

I watched a guy call 3 times this morning to get a bit of info and all 3 times just sat there waiting until his attention was required for something else. He ended up driving to a computer. That is ridiculous. All for some info on a non-existent TFR. I'm sure that user fees will solve this problem, though. That'll just make things work smoothy. (/sarcastic remark)

Yeah, so, I just noticed a news tidbit from a few months ago that I'd missed. Along with consolidation of AFSS, L-M is supposed to take over DUATS/DUAT as well. (No timeline specified, just part of the grand Barbarians at The Gate scheme.) Thus the registration drill, I imagine eventually the L-M site will be the only internet link to flight plan services as well, so I guess in the future there will be no backup plan. Scared yet? Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated........
(Well, they did get the C-130 right!)

Last edited:
i had problems filing this morning, was transfered to the FSS the next state over and was on hold for quite a while. is duat(s) going down soon or something?

fltplan.com, my brothas.

DUAT is fantastic to file with. I still like to get a phone briefing b/c the briefer can give me the weather without me having to decipher all the insane amount of info online. Never had a problem until a week ago. Now I have to sit on hold for 5 minutes, get a briefer on the other side of the country who doesn't know the airports on my route, and then since they implemented some new computer system, give him a precise order of things so he can start a briefing. But this is only when dialing from my cell so far. Anyway I sure hope they work out those kinks soon so I won't have to file a complaint.

DUATS is the only one that propagates the insane amount of info.

Fltplan.com only generates a couple of pages of NOTAMS and Wx. Very manageable...sometimes I wish there were more to read.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back