• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

777 Sim instructor on CNN fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Notice CNN had to go to Mississauga, Ontario to find someone with an available sim for cheap and willing to exploit the tragedy. My bet, everywhere those clowns knocked, the door was slammed hard in their face when CNN disclosed what they were lookim to do.

Between Savidge, hologram guy and Nancy Grace ("I bet a man committed that crime") and the rest of the sorry sensational tabloid reporters....I am through with CNN.

I think savidge said at one point if there was a depressurization issue they would have to descend to 10,000 ft as quickly as possible so the could open the windows.

Notice CNN had to go to Mississauga, Ontario to find someone with an available sim for cheap and willing to exploit the tragedy. My bet, everywhere those clowns knocked, the door was slammed hard in their face when CNN disclosed what they were lookim to do.

Between Savidge, hologram guy and Nancy Grace ("I bet a man committed that crime") and the rest of the sorry sensational tabloid reporters....I am through with CNN.

I am strictly a local news guy now.

There is no 24 hour news outlet that is good for our society. Murrow and Cronkite had it right. You will lose context. And it will devolve

Local news? If anything is more useless than CNN, it's local news.

I really get into the BBC news when over on the other side of the pond. They tell a story straight up. BBC America has a nightly news show but it seems filtered a bit.

I really get into the BBC news when over on the other side of the pond. They tell a story straight up. BBC America has a nightly news show but it seems filtered a bit.

It is interesting how much better BBC news is and how dumbed down 24 hour cable news is. Even more amazing to me is people like Glen Beck have a following. But that sums up cable news, they tap into emotional issues and fabricate what they think will attract viewers, truth is secondary.

Local news? If anything is more useless than CNN, it's local news.

Maybe in Atlanta, but at least the main stories are concise and in context bc they have to fit in into their slot. That's the point. I don't need journalists attempting to fill hours on subjects they don't understand very well. If I want to dive in that deep, Id want to read it straight from the authorities and experts on the subject- take courses, etc. so much of it isn't deep and dan said it well. They need to attract viewers in any way they can. Insects to a bug zapper

I don't think it's just Atlanta. Everywhere I go in the country, local news is filled with useless "if it bleeds, it leads" nonsense. Not to mention the ridiculous misleading promos. "Something in everyone's house that can kill you; that's up next after the break." Which, of course, turns out to be nothing.

It's all about ratings. Nothing more.

Well, 2 hours a day of all about ratings is better than 24 is my point

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back