• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

757 vs 737 at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live about 1:15 south of EWR on the 737, and am glad I made the choice. I fly a lot of trips that look like they should be too senior for me, but end up falling through the cracks because of the show time or the end time. For now, I'm all about the schedule, and the 73 provides much quicker relative seniority than the 757 does. Remember, you can always bid up, but there's a seatlock that prevents you from bidding back down right away.

You should be able to hold crap day trips very early (terminal A, ORD, BOS, ATL turns. But with the open time alerting system and quick fingers there are often some sweet day turns that come in with sick calls etc. I have been doing 2 leg day trips for a couple months, and as long as I don't specify -800 flying (more pay) I can hold them with weekends off easily. I have been here 2.5 years, 30% FO and could have held CA by 75 nuimbers.

Congrats, I think the 737 is the better choice less your ego needs the nicer plane.

Bottom line is up to roughly 50% base seniority on the 757 you hold 12 days off. I love Europe and late starts, but I like my days off and not working 9 days in a row far better. Well done PBS! If you are a local guy you want the 737...

Bottom line is up to roughly 50% base seniority on the 757 you hold 12 days off. I love Europe and late starts, but I like my days off and not working 9 days in a row far better. Well done PBS! If you are a local guy you want the 737...

62% on 756, 15 days off, 3 on 3 off with a 5 day hawaii. Let's hope it continues. Also no UK.

62% on 756, 15 days off, 3 on 3 off with a 5 day hawaii. Let's hope it continues. Also no UK.

Who'd you blow to get that schedule? :)
That's atypical for a 62%, but kudos for getting it.

As a general rule, if you're in the bottom 50% on the 756, you're getting 12 days off.

On edit: oh yeah, if you live locally, go to the 737. You'll get more days off and be holding LNB (which equals 757) pay fairly quickly since you won't have to worry about commuting. If you commute, you'll have to chose between having 15-17 days off but commuting on days off on the 737 or 12 days off but totally commutable lines, both ends, on the 756...

Last edited:
After eight years and 5000 hours on the 737 came over to the 756 in June. In every way much better airplane and overall operation with one exception. Body clock/jet lag has been hard to get used too. I am at 70% as a captain and I can hold outside of the UK but not any 767 time.

This month I have a mixed line of Europe and domestic and I like it better then all Europe. If we get a real contract the 757-300 should pay considerably more then 757-200. We won our arbitration that 757-300 should be paid wide body pay just prior to concessions and of course we gave that up as a part of conssessions. Most of the domestic flying is in the 757-300

Last edited:
I heard that the long haul flying is really tough on your back and could cause you to go out on medical. Is that true? :D

Lies I tell ya, all lies.:nuts:

Latest resources

Back