• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 blows beach-goers away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seen it in person. Sitting on that very beach I see a 727 taxiing up. Everyone on the beach moves over to either side of the beach except one couple. In a non threatening way,I went up to the arrogant arse to explain what could happen to them but in typical arrogant, "I konw everything", fashion the guy basically told me to go away...which I did and so did his camera, passport, walet, room keys, money,bag, jewelry that was in the bag, towel, and last but not least, his pride.

Everything d!ck brought to the beach was blasted 50 yards into the ocean. My wife and I were crying we were laughing so hard.

I love visiting this place, it's one of my favorites. If you ever come on a cruise I recommend spending the day at Maho beach just to watch the planes land. They have a great bar called The Sunset Beach bar that's right on the beach. http://www.sunsetbeachbar.com/ Don't take a taxi it's very expensive. Walk out of the cruise terminal and you can take a local shuttle bus for around 2 dollars. Taxi's run nearly $20 or more to take you to Maho Beach.

Just visited in February. Love the whole island. Taxi was $8 from airport to Maho. We rented a 2 person buggy for $60/day and loved it. You can always tell the new people on the island cause they stand right behind the jet taking off. I'll admit, my girlfriend and I did it behind a 757 when we first got there just to say we did it. The backs of my legs and back were red from sandblasting for the next 30 hours. Love it.

rk772 said:

I watched a guy's canvas Jeep top get blown off and out into the water about 50 yards (Air France 747). It's funny, for every big jet that taxis out, another few unsuspecting fools run up to the fence to watch him go. It only takes about 15 seconds to see the look on their faces "oh my god, this wasn't such a good idea..."

Latest resources

Back