• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whale Rider

Unity is Our Strength
Boeing Launches New Version of Classic Jumbo JetBy VOA News
15 November 2005

Boeing747-8JumboJet15Nov05.jpg
Artist's conception of the Boeing 747-8 passenger jet to be delivered to airlines in 2009U.S. aircraft maker Boeing has received $5 billion worth of orders for its new and upgraded version of its 747 jetliner.
Boeing says that Cargolux Airlines of Luxembourg has ordered 10 of its new 747-8 aircraft, with purchase rights for an additional 10 jets. Japan-based Nippon Cargo has ordered eight of the new jets, with options for 10 more. The airlines will begin receiving the new jets in 2009.
The head of Boeing's commercial airplanes division says the new 747 will utilize engines designed for its new 787 Dreamliner passenger jet to make it quieter and more efficient.
Boeing is competing against Europe's Airbus consortium for dominance of the international aviation market. Airbus is preparing its new A-380 superjumbo jet for service beginning next year.

This is the part I like:

The 747-8 also fits easily in today's aviation infrastructure, flying into more than 210 airports worldwide without additional, expensive infrastructure changes required.

When you buy the A380, your not just buying an aircraft your buying BILLIONS in airport modifications.

FearlessFreep said:
This is the part I like:

When you buy the A380, your not just buying an aircraft your buying BILLIONS in airport modifications.

Yep.......I guess thier efficiency numbers kind of evaporate after that.

B747FR8DAWG said:
Sweet looking plane, would look even nicer in Atlas Air livery!:D

Of course by the time they come out....it will be Polar colors!

All the same, awesome airplane. Can't wait to try it on.

furloughfodder said:
Of course by the time they come out....it will be Polar colors!

All the same, awesome airplane. Can't wait to try it on.

I'll take Atlas livery over a big old P anyday, but who knows if they will ever show up on our doorstep anyway:rolleyes:

Hey! They P Logo has history man! It harkens back to the old Flying Tigers days!

But you are right, probably won't see them on either certificate until they are at least 25 years old. ;)

furloughfodder said:
Hey! They P Logo has history man! It harkens back to the old Flying Tigers days!

But you are right, probably won't see them on either certificate until they are at least 25 years old. ;)

Yeah, they'll be Classics then!:beer:

Latest resources

Back