Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mysteryofflight

um.. #3 isn't starting
How is the new bird working out? I've been hearing rumors of pressurization problems and a few temp control issues. Anyone out there flying it have any info?

packs are noisy as hell. Engines are phenomenal, wing is phenomenal. 50t more freight for the same fuel load as the 400.

I just heard that it is performing very well, as is the 787.

Heard that the 747-8i is doing so great, especially vs. the A-380, that Emirates is considering getting the -8i.

cliff
CVG

Packs are louder than the 400. On Atlas they added two more seats moving the toilet behind the Captain and turning the galley sideways facing the isle to the cockpit. Makes for a pain when caterers are there blocking the cockpit.

There are 6 business class seats in the upper deck and 4 seats in the cockpit for a total of 10 seats but the plane is limited to 8 occupants total.

Not that you'd want to load it up to ten folks for sme 12 hour slog that you guys do, but wouldn't it be easy enough to throw on two more inertial reels or is here some other limitation involved?

I can't imagine what it would take to add more reels, probably not worth it.

We blasted off today at 425,600 Kgs (938,022 pounds) a 12,000 foot runway is not that big anymore.

Latest resources

Back